300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off duty badge.. rookie ?

ok this may sound dumb... but my dept that i started with today, wants us to carry off duty.. i have a rookie ? When ur carrying your weapon off duty where do u keep ur badge ? Clipped tour belt next to your weapon or in a badge wallet with ur dept ID ? i dont think you wanna clip your badge next ur weapon,, or would you? btw first day went great .!!!

Thanx
    Last edited by AUXOFC74; 10-10-2005, 09:40 PM.

Glad to hear your first day went well! Congrats! I simply keep my badge in my wallet. I ALWAYS have it with me whether I am carrying or not.

BTW are you forced to carry off duty or they just want you to?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

not forced,, just encouraged, since our jurisdiction overlaps in 3 counties, and about 7 municipalities...

Comment

Carry ur badge in a different wallet than ur regular wallet. If ur not strapped then dont carry ur badge.

Comment

Why carry a badge off duty? I.D. only should be fine, badge stays in the locker.

Comment

AUX, what kind of dept do you work for? It doesnt sound like a muncipal or county agency with all that overlapping jurisdiction. just wondering.
            press hard-5 copies

Comment

You should always have your badge and ID in a seperate wallet. When off duty, your gun and Badge/ID should be hidden so nobody knows who you are until you want them to know.

Comment

I have three badges one for my wallet, one on a belt clip and the other one for my uniform. Normally when I am off duty I carry just my wallet badge but when I get called out in the middle of the night I will wear civies to work and just clip my badge to my shirt, belt, jacket or on a chain.

My department requires us to have a badge next to our weapon or visible in the performance of our duties for safety reasons.
                Blame it on the Trunk Monkey!!!

Comment

badge wallet with department ID
                  Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                  between you
                  and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

We have to carry or badge next to are gun and are id in are wallet when carring off duty.
                    John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

We recommend that our officers carry their badge and I.D. card in a seperate wallet in the non gun side pocket. If you should have to take police action with your firearm, you want to be able to cover the suspect and produce your badge and I.D. with your non gun hand. Unless of course the responding officers order you to put the gun down and get prone.
                      Jerry
                      "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

And just as an added bonus, we recommend that you have some type of restraining device with you for the same reason. Our city attorney gave us a hypothetical once that made some sense.
                        Attorney: officer, if you were off duty, why were you armed?
                        Officer: Department policy,were cops 24-7.....
                        Attorney: So, you can shoot and kill people, but not arrest them?
                        Officer: No, er, yes, I mean.....

Anyway, there are nylon strap cuffs or the shoelace type that fit in your pocket or glove compartment that you might consider. Just a thought.
                        Jerry
                        "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal
                          Carry ur badge in a different wallet than ur regular wallet. If ur not strapped then dont carry ur badge.

Right, badge and ID in a special wallet. A badge on you're belt makes you look Reno 911
                          Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

I don't feel that it is necessary to carry around two wallets. You can find wallets that the badge is only visible if you want it to be. I can open my wallet and get money/Credit Card etc, without anyone seeing the badge. Look around and you will see many different styles of wallets designed to hide the badge inside.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoek
                              I don't feel that it is necessary to carry around two wallets. You can find wallets that the badge is only visible if you want it to be. I can open my wallet and get money/Credit Card etc, without anyone seeing the badge. Look around and you will see many different styles of wallets designed to hide the badge inside.

There's a reason. If for some unfortunate reason some a**hole ever gets the drop on you and ur robbed of ur wallet, then the a**hole wont identify you as a copper if he's goes through ur wallet which he probably will. We've had coppers executed on our dept. because they were identified. You can give him ur regular wallet hopefully and hang on to ur badge wallet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3190 users online. 151 members and 3039 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X