300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Bouncer

I Just got hired in at a bar security company and my first day is Friday. I am unclear on the use of force that is lawful for this job. I don't want to do anything that would come back at me.
    Thanks
    Josh
    "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Originally posted by Bluntforcetraum
    I Just got hired in at a bar security company and my first day is Friday. I am unclear on the use of force that is lawful for this job. I don't want to do anything that would come back at me.
    Thanks
    Josh
    That same laws that apply to any other average citizen.
    In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

Hypothetically if I ask a guy to leave and he starts throwing punches what can I do to protect myself without getting in trouble with the law.
      "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
      -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

Back away as much as possible and have someone call the Police.

Your first line of self defense is retreat...paid bouncer or not. Then if you are still stuck in a position that you may be harmed you can only use as much force as NECCESARY to get OUT of the situation. If someone puts you in that position its best to back away from him and call us. If that requires you to say alright man, we're cool, nevermind, and then turn and go to the phone, go for it. Forget about your pride, it's not worth what a bar will pay you to babysit.

Comment

Hey Bluntforcetraum,

Do you plan on becoming a cop someday? If so, my advice to you is to find another job. Being a bouncer is too risky and even if nothing bad happens, it wont make you look any better on your application. I'd find a new job.
          It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
            Hey Bluntforcetraum,

Do you plan on becoming a cop someday? If so, my advice to you is to find another job. Being a bouncer is too risky and even if nothing bad happens, it wont make you look any better on your application. I'd find a new job.

That was my thoughts also, but hey, who am I to tell the guy what he should and shouldn't do. My guess is he'll be posting in 6 months asking if the assault situation he found himself in will DQ him with a department.

Comment

Yes I am working on my degree to be an LEO. I just figured it pays a lot better than Mcdonalds and it will put me through school.
              -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

Yes I am working on my degree to be an LEO. I just figured it pays a lot better than Mcdonalds and it will put me through school.
                A lot of bouncers get arrested for battery related offenses. They tend to use excessive force when dealing with unruly patrons. We had that problem around here. Some bouncers thought they could kick the $hit out of someone and it would be ok.

I know it is a pay check but it is too easy to get in a jam. The job could come back to haunt you, when you apply for a PD.

Comment

True, it is a paycheck, but personally I think McD's would be more respected on an employment history.

By all means, if you stick with it to get you through school, know your role. Don't let what some of the others do sway you in your decision making process while working the bar. If Jow Blow kicks the crap out of somebody, don't jump in, or worse yet, cover for him if he's in the wrong. There's no loyalty or real brotherhood in that line of work, they'll turn on you in a hearbeat. If you do work as a bouncer, just think when you're in situations if this could potentially affect a later career.

Comment

I don't want to ruin my chances for becoming a LOE. so I will start looking tomarrow for something else. This job doesn't mean that much to me.
                    Thanks all for your advice
                    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

I don't want to ruin my chances for becoming a LOE. so I will start looking tomarrow for something else. This job doesn't mean that much to me.
                      Thanks all for your advice

Now, DJ'ing at a gentleman's club....you'd be the envy of the dept you get on, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mid_Ohio_Po
                        Now, DJ'ing at a gentleman's club....you'd be the envy of the dept you get on, LOL

Doesn't that fall under dream job.
                        -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

Bar Bouncer

Babby sitting a bunch of drunks, or a bunch of folks on the way to getting drunk is not going to improve your chances of becoming a cop. If anything, it will hurt them. No matter how big or bad you are, some one's going to try you, and 99.9% of the time, you're gonna be on your own. Don't even do it for one night.

Comment

Yeah I wouldnt even show up for day one, keep the job at miicky d's til you find another job. You definitley dont want to get caught up in the bar biz before becoming a LEO. Trouble waiting to happen, they say the first thing to get you fired is women, alcohol, and money, oh look whats at the bar.

Comment

bouncer

Leave the job. You have no more rights than average joe snuffy. Despite what bouncer think and do, they have zero rights. They assault people all the time, usually most bouncers are puffed up on steroids, and are bully's by nature. You are putting yourself into a career that can get you injured w/o real protection, and thrown in jail for Assault. And forget about the bar paying you if you get injured...they will weasel out of it. If you want to make decent money, try construction (depends on the area), or just settle on a low paying job till you get established in Law Enforcement (another low paying job). Now before I get flamed, Im not saying all bouncers are sterioud using bullies, but there is a large portion.
                              www.officerdownbracelets.com
                              R.L.T.W

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4380 users online. 275 members and 4105 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X