300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minors House Party

Im now 22 so it doesnt matter but I wondered what some of you do, since I hope to be on the road some day.

When I was in HS I heard stories of parties being broken up by leo and some people getting MIP's .. then another party .. some dont. I just think it would be a huge liability if you just broke up the party and let the kids go (which I know in some cases has happend) Just figured Id get some opinions on how you folks handle it

Every situation is different. If you want to try and run from us or lie to us then you get a ticket. Otherwise, parents are called. Nobody just gets "let go" since it is a liability on me. I love when everybody tries to run out the back door or slip through windows. Like we aren
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

[QUOTE=RabbitMPD]Every situation is different. If you want to try and run from us or lie to us then you get a ticket. Otherwise, parents are called. Nobody just gets "let go" since it is a liability on me. I love when everybody tries to run out the back door or slip through windows. Like we aren

Comment

Underage drinking isn't something that should be trained in the academy, but out on the road.

There are different approaches you can take to each party depending on how busy you are, how much patiance you have and what your supervisor is willing to let you do:

1. You get close to the party and turn on your siren and let all the kids run away (popular approach when your busy or just don't want to deal with it). The only consequence is if one of those kids runs away, gets in a car, and drives away drunk and kills someone.

2. You go to the party, let the ones who run run and ticket the ones who don't.

3. You run after the ones who run, take them to jail, then stay at work 16-18 hours transporting them and doing paperwork (been there done that...and I only took 5).

4. You go there let everyone run, go find the host/hostess and give them a ticket for noise/drinking/etc. and leave.

This is all dependent on how busy you are. The night I chased after the kids I had half the shift down there tracking kids down in the woods who ran from me because it wasn't busy. It was a large party and there was a lot of alcohol and some kids probably drove home drunk....then again I work in a ritzy part of town where the kids think they can do whatever they want because their parents have money.

Comment

Originally posted by RBrodowski
          2. You go to the party, let the ones who run run and ticket the ones who don't.
          I never write MIPs to the ones who stick around and cooperate, only to the ones with attitude or run away (and I actually chase).

Comment

Originally posted by RBrodowski
            This is all dependent on how busy you are. The night I chased after the kids I had half the shift down there tracking kids down in the woods who ran from me because it wasn't busy. It was a large party and there was a lot of alcohol and some kids probably drove home drunk....then again I work in a ritzy part of town where the kids think they can do whatever they want because their parents have money.
            I would have loved to see this happen when I was in high school. =)

I always wanted to see a cop's lights flash at the end of the street when an idiot would get drunk then burn rubber through a residential neighborhood.

Comment

I appreciate it folks. So what can happen if you have some kids run on you and drive home and something happens. The liabilty in this profession is pretty crazy (but I dont know how it is for sure). I would just hate to have someone run , or scare them off and then something happens.

Comment

same with me, depends, I do like the "pull up hit thje siren one" will try taht sometime, but normally i dont even stop at them, just because of all the paperwork
                Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoek
                  I never write MIPs to the ones who stick around and cooperate, only to the ones with attitude or run away (and I actually chase).
                  EXACTLY!!! Why ticket the ones who stick around??? That just sends the wrong message. On Monday when all the kids go back to school they see that if they ran they could have gotten away. The kids who did what they were supposed to do were the ones who got screwed.

The way I handle it is the kids who stick around get their parents called. Some parents care, some don't. All well. The idiots that run are the ones I write up. When I do that, on Monday they are all talking about how John tried to run and is the only one who got a ticket. The people who stayed were let go.

Oh, and I almost always write up the person who was throwing the party. Especially if they are of age.

My department however is slow enough to where we can almost set up a perimeter around the property so if anybody runs we can catch a good handful of them. Last year we wrote up 50 high school kids. It was an incredibly slow night (and weekend). It was the largest high school party I
                  Last edited by RabbitMPD; 10-10-2005, 08:42 PM.
                  It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

[QUOTE=RabbitMPD]EXACTLY!!! Why ticket the ones who stick around??? That just sends the wrong message. On Monday when all the kids go back to school they see that if they ran they could have gotten away. The kids who did what they were supposed to do were the ones who got screwed.

The way I handle it is the kids who stick around get their parents called. Some parents care, some don't. All well. The idiots that run are the ones I write up. When I do that, on Monday they are all talking about how John tried to run and is the only one who got a ticket. The people who stayed were let go.

Oh, and I almost always write up the person who was throwing the party. Especially if they are of age.

My department however is slow enough to where we can almost set up a perimeter around the property so if anybody runs we can catch a good handful of them. Last year we wrote up 50 high school kids. It was an incredibly slow night (and weekend). It was the largest high school party I

Comment

Originally posted by ScrapinPT
                      Im sure they wont shove me in something Im not prepared for
                      heh heh heh.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                        heh heh heh.

yeah I figured as much haha

Comment

Something I don't understand guys. Here recently they had a party and the cops showed up. They ran a few ID's over the radio then left. So basically they left intoxicated kids who ended up either going home or going elsewhere.

Heres another situation. Theres parties out in this one place in the county all the time. There are no houses around, and no ones stays the night afterwards. Well, cops have been called there numerous times and everytime they just pour out the beer and leave. So essentially you've got drunk kids and now they've gotta go home so they end up driving.

Doesn't make much sense to me, I can understand being busy but you're asking for trouble, right?

Comment

I ticket them all due to the liability if I am slow that night. A 19-20 yr old kid and calling thier parents is not going to do anything, you really think thier parents care at that age. Plus say you release them to parents, parents go to sleep then kid sneaks out then jumps in car, you think mom and dad arnt going to say in civil court that the LEO knew he had been drinking and didnt ticket him/her. At our PD we actually obtained a search warrant for an MIP party and kicked in the door, well I guess it didnt help when they were yelling out the window at our female ofc "you dike bitch" thats part why we got the warrant.

Comment

Originally posted by billy8878
                              I ticket them all due to the liability if I am slow that night. A 19-20 yr old kid and calling thier parents is not going to do anything, you really think thier parents care at that age. Plus say you release them to parents, parents go to sleep then kid sneaks out then jumps in car, you think mom and dad arnt going to say in civil court that the LEO knew he had been drinking and didnt ticket him/her. At our PD we actually obtained a search warrant for an MIP party and kicked in the door, well I guess it didnt help when they were yelling out the window at our female ofc "you dike bitch" thats part why we got the warrant.

doesnt suprise me in flint .. no offense

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6543 users online. 352 members and 6191 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X