• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solo_man
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2005

Tickets

hey guys
    What do police do after the ticket is written and given to it's recipent?

Do you enter the ticket in a database of some sort, that checks the vadility of the suspect?
  • SO535
    Still a Stupid Rookie
    • Dec 2004

Check the validity?? I do that when I run the tag and lisence.

Comment

• 1sgkelly
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2004

Go have a cuppa coffee and a donut.

That's what the big guys tell me.
      Kelly

We are the thin blue line
      between you
      and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

• e-man
        Bored
        • Apr 2005

Iam with SGKELLY, or go back to my speed hiding spot and get another unsuspecting customer. Uh oh, did I call them customers, I mean good taxpaying freakinn citizens who drive with their heads up their arses
        Thanks, and please sign here...
        I got nothing for now

Comment

• irishlad2nv
          Hustler
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by solo_man
          hey guys
          What do police do after the ticket is written and given to it's recipent?

Do you enter the ticket in a database of some sort, that checks the vadility of the suspect?
          I turn mine in to my shift supervisor, who then turns them into someone else, who then turn them into another person...sometimes they get lost...sometimes they get entered into the computer, sometimes not.

If you are asking if we check someone. Everyone I pull over I run their driving record if we are not too busy, but I always check to see if they are wanted (open warrants). Hope that answers your questions?
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• solo_man
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2005

yes, thanks very much.... i always wanted to know what would happen if someone was to give a fake name and and ticket was written to the fake name.

Comment

• explorerscout83
              • Sep 2004

yes, thanks very much.... i always wanted to know what would happen if someone was to give a fake name and and ticket was written to the fake name.

They give me a fake name OK what ever. Now you will get at least two infractions. When I stop some one for NO DL, they also get a court date instead of a P.A. (penalty Assessment) that way I can have a warrant issued for their arrest. So go for it give me a fake name. If you live in my town and don't show up for court when I schedule it for you, I will get a warrant from the judge, then I will go to your house and arrest you.

*Don't fu*& with the rookie officer.
              Last edited by explorerscout83; 10-10-2005, 05:25 AM. Reason: Spelling error & had to change ticket to infraction
              New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

• 2k4dr
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2005

Uh, first, "tickets" are those little paper things that you give the carnie to get on the Tilt-a-Whirl.

Traffic infractions are rewarded with a citation/summons. Or...canaries, or invitations to the party....

Sorry, that's just one of my things...

Comment

• canuck21
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2005

What makes you think any officer would trust anyone enough to write a ticket to a phantom name without knowing that it's real? Don't you know your plates & DL# are run - at the very least? The plates are run before he/she even leaves the veh to speak to you. If you aren't the registered owner, and you can't prove who you are - it's not going to be pretty.

Comment

• keith758
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2004

We put all of the tickets in a box, shake it up, and pick a winner!
                    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

• RBrodowski
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2003

Turn them into the Seargant and they're never seen by my eyes again.....

Comment

• vsp645
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2005

In Virginia, ....

In Virginia there are 5 copies. First copy is taken to the court at the end of the week, Second copy is mailed to the DMV by the court, Third copy is for the driver or suspect, Fourth copy is our copy for notes and Court, Last copy is for ticket auditing. We have to keep track of every ticket written and we can get time off from work for misplacing one!

Comment

• jerrymaccauley
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2005

If you don't have your D/L with you, you put your fingerprint on the back of my copy and the courts copy.
                          I'm not rookie enough to seek an arrest warrant for a ticket, but I suppose there are those who would.
                          Jerry
                          "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

• purdinpopo
                            Forum Member
                            • Sep 2005

One night I pull over this car, make contact with the driver, driver says he does not have his license with him, he gives me name and date of birth, run back to my squad, dispatch advises of a misdemeanor warrant, go back to subject, he says "oh I was lying to you", I get new name, date of birth, and this time social security number, I take him with me to the squad this time, run the new info, Dispatch advises of a Felony Warrant, subject says, "D@*n, my cousins, Man I got a local warrant, and take me to jail". He produces a Drivers license with his photo on it, and I pack him off to jail.

Unless there is some problem I run every subject in every, on every traffic stop, and I try not to have any unidentified subjects.
                            Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Comment

• gotthblues
                              No Longer Active
                              • May 2005

In oklahoma, if you give false info for a citation, you just really ruined your day, if you dont have your dl in your possession, i didnt have to let you go until i was satisfied you really were who you are saying you are. and its not that hard to find out if you are lying.

after i found out that you gave me someone else's info, you were placed under arrest for two felonies. 1- false personation of another *this offense has no bond, which means you dont leave jail until you see the judge, which is the next day at the earliest. 2- falsifying info on documents *since you were commiting a felony while doing this, this is also a felony. now that you are booked for two felonies, one of which has no bond, you get strip searched by a crusty jailer, put in county orange, and put in a cell.

also, even if you give the correct info, and just dont show up for a simple traffic citation, an arrest warrant is issued, automatic. your dl is also suspended,
                              and because you didnt want to show for an $80 citation, you get pulled over, you get arrested *your fine has gone up*, you car gets impounded *around $60 a day on average* you go to jail. now that your dl is suspended, you have to pay administrative fees to get it reinstated, around another $100, maybe a little less.

but this is just oklahoma, and yes even if you are out of state, you license can be suspended.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19437 users online. 56 members and 19381 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...