300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might get jumped...

Me and this guy had an arguement now the word is he is going to get 5 people to jump me. What can I do? Can I go to the cops with the evidence (an AIM log of him saying he was going to do it and bring in a person who knows him and knows he is going to do it)? What can I do to protect myself?

Bodie I am going to let you have first crack at this one.
    New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

Go tell Mommy & Daddy and if that doesn't help I am sure your school has a police officer on the property perhaps a DARE officer.

Now that said no kid should have to tolerate a bully and we have plenty of dentetion facilkities where bullies can make new friends and get a taste of what it's like to be picked on so all incidents of bullies picking on others must be reported.
      Last edited by Bodie; 10-08-2005, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Or you could hunt them down one at a time.

Opps, sorry my Army time is showing.
        Kelly

We are the thin blue line
        between you
        and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Yeah they all can't go to the potty together.
          In my younger days I would just pick the biggest and baddest and kick the living crap out him after school or make him belive that I was going to and the rest scattered. but kids don't just have after school fights any more where a few punches are thrown and everybdoy goes home. The winner with a sore fist and torn shirt and the loser with a shiner and cut lip.

Comment

Originally posted by COPS
            Me and this guy had an arguement now the word is he is going to get 5 people to jump me. What can I do? Can I go to the cops with the evidence (an AIM log of him saying he was going to do it and bring in a person who knows him and knows he is going to do it)? What can I do to protect myself?

First of all, if you really wanna be a cop, then you shouldn't be hanging around guys like that in the first place....trouble always follows. Second, if that guy is under 18, and your profile says you are over 18....you could be dealing with fighting with a minor....if you are both 18..then swear a warrant out on his butt.
            "We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

Comment

I'm 18 and he is 17, I doubt he will be the one to jump me because he can't fight and he's all ****ed that I made him look like an idiot in front of his friends. I don't hang out with the guy, I hardly talk to him and have only met him like 3 times. And so if a bunch of 17 year olds jump me I'm going to be the one who gets in trouble for fighting a minor? And just for clarification if I happened to grab the pencil I have in my pocket and stab someone in the arm when they jump me and beat the crap out of me, would I get in trouble for anything? Because they are out for blood and I kinda need a method of protecting myself because my friends can't be with me everywhere.

Comment

I might get jumped

My advice to you, is to follow Bodie's advice. Seriously, Bodie made a very good point when he told you, you don't have to tolerate being bullied. He also referred to a time, and I recall this as well, when many a difference was worked out in a vacant lot, school yard, etc, after class. In today's Hillary Clinton, "It takes a village" world, that's probably not an option. However, you do have a right to defend yourself. Talk it over with your parents, school resource, DARE officer, to get their thoughts on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by COPS
                  Yes, you can go to the cops and make a report. It's a crime to threaten bodily harm to someone, regardless of what you might have done to them. There's no guarantee that this will keep you from harm, but it will document the threat if something does come of it. You might even be able to get a restraining or protective order to keep him from bothering you.

If this is occurring at your school, you would also be wise to make the school administration and/or the school resource officer aware of the problem. The other party might have been involved in other incidents you don't know about.

Trying to resolve the problem by isolating your attackers and beating them up isn't an option for everyone. Some people aren't strong enough, or skilled enough, or just not inclined toward physical violence. This option also turns out badly at times, when one party suffers substantial injuries and the other gets charged with felony assault, or somene brings a weapon and the situation escalates beyond a schoolyard fight. One of the functions of law enforcement is to stand up for people who can't or won't stand up for themselves.
                  Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

K got it. Thx for info.

Comment

Tim Dees

Glad to see you wade in on some of these.

Comment

Let us now how bad you got it when it's over!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3985 users online. 252 members and 3733 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X