300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Night

Just curious what types of problems you all run across in your areas on Halloween Night when you are on patrol. Do you have people throwing eggs at cars, toilet paper on cars and houses, etc.

Tell me of some of the things you have seen on Halloween Night.

Those are common things even when I was younger. Robberies and drive-by's are also very common.

Comment

Last Halloween we were very slow. Granted I worked 2300-0730. I think most of the calls actually came the morning after Halloween. The morning is when people see all the damage that was caused.
      It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

This is what usually happens here in Madison on Halloween. We've had riots the past 2 or 3 years. Idiots come from all over the Midwest to take part.
        "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

One year I was riding passenger seat in patrol as we passed city park, Egg nailed door, window was open small amount of egg got in car but not on me, I can see real well in dark I have worked mostly nights forever, I saw the kids that threw egg, I shouted STOP! to the guy driving he did and I began foot pursuit of egg thrower, we wnt through the park and the kid was getting ahead, we cut through some houses, and then ran across the street, My Street, and the kid cut at an angle into My Front yard, and then he ran to my fenced back yard and jumped the fence, Apparently my wife had let the dogs out in the back as her Collie and my German Sheperd were back there, My Sheperd would bark but never growl, but he was big, My wife's Collie was the growler of the pair and very protective, they cornered the kid against the back porch, and I took him to the ground. Even better was that the kid was wearing BDU pants and he had about a half dozen eggs in them. The Eggs had broken in the chase , I doubt any were still whole when I took him to the ground. But it was still pretty funny.
          Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Comment

Originally posted by purdinpopo
            One year I was riding passenger seat in patrol as we passed city park, Egg nailed door, window was open small amount of egg got in car but not on me, I can see real well in dark I have worked mostly nights forever, I saw the kids that threw egg, I shouted STOP! to the guy driving he did and I began foot pursuit of egg thrower, we wnt through the park and the kid was getting ahead, we cut through some houses, and then ran across the street, My Street, and the kid cut at an angle into My Front yard, and then he ran to my fenced back yard and jumped the fence, Apparently my wife had let the dogs out in the back as her Collie and my German Sheperd were back there, My Sheperd would bark but never growl, but he was big, My wife's Collie was the growler of the pair and very protective, they cornered the kid against the back porch, and I took him to the ground. Even better was that the kid was wearing BDU pants and he had about a half dozen eggs in them. The Eggs had broken in the chase , I doubt any were still whole when I took him to the ground. But it was still pretty funny.

Did you write him up for traspassing in your yard to?

Comment

I get tired of the constant little Witches, WereWolfs and Monsters running around bothering my citizens demanding food at the door...
              Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Halloween is my favorite night of the year to work! Most of the calls are fire cracker/noise complaints. I **** myself laughing when I chase kids around the schools.

Last year I had an Auxiliary riding with me and he was all geared up to chase this group of about 30 kids. They saw us pull up and were posturing as if they were going to bolt. So I yelled to them that they could either talk to us or they could talk too the dog handler on the other side of the park. Well, they bought it.

I had them line up in single file and hand over their fire crackers and bottle rockets. My poor Auxiliary nearly had to go back to the car because he was tearing up from holding in his laughter!

Halloween is the best night to work providing no little trick or treaters get hit by cars, and no ones house burns down. It is also one of the few nights of the year we actually have enough people on the road to answer calls.

Comment

Badgerland-I know what you're talking about! I am a resident of Sun Prairie and we have all of the usual things, but State Street is kind of like Boubon Ave. on Halloween. Are you a SO deputy or MPD officer-just curious?

Zack
                  Last edited by hender; 10-08-2005, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Actually all that happened to me last Halloween is that I was given a bunch of candy from little kids running up to my car lol.

Comment

My first year on patrol after walking a beat for 16 months, I got EGGED and promptly took the patrol car to a do it yourself car wash It worked too.
                      We get tons of dumpster {or is it living room} fires in the projects. Would hate to work where is Devils Night oriinally frmo? Detroit?
                      I got nothing for now

Comment

Halloween is not the quietest night around here.
                        Knuckleheads shooting, dumpster fires, fights, homemade bombs (molotov cocktails, etc.), robberies and all kinds of other stuff.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4277 users online. 235 members and 4042 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X