300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relatives from Hell...

Long story short, my deadbeat cousin and her boyfriend showed up on our doorstep back in early June wanting to stay a couple weeks and have been freeloading ever since. I've put up with it this long because the boyfriend was replacing my roof for the cost of materials.

Anyway, things came to a head three nights ago, and I told them if they were going to stay any longer, they needed to go back to my woods and camp in their truck; that we were all getting on each others nerves, and this was for the best.

That worked for about 12 hours before the guy had another one of his Jekyll & Hyde moodswings, started yelling, I left him in the road, drove back to the house, got my wife and kid out and called 911. I then drove down to the nearest intersection to intercept the incoming squads. I ended up treating my neighbors to the sight of me leading 4 fully lit cruisers up my driveway. (I could almost hear the cavalry charge playing in my head! )

Anyway, they agreed to be out of here by 10:00 am this morning, and it's now 11:35 pm, and they haven't left yet. If I call down the boys in brown again tomorrow, what, if anything, can I expect to happen? Also, what all is involved in securing a restraining order and how long does it take?

Thanks guys!

-Sarge
    "He's not a known offender Captain... he's not even a known species..!"

Relatives from Hell

I'm not fully conversant with Indiana Law, but generally, if you own or control property, you pretty well determine who can come, go, or remain on the property. It may be neccessary for you to sign a warrant, or press charges for trespass if your relatives remain on the property after you inform them clearly that they are no longer welcome. I'll tell you this much. Your local LE agency is soon going to get tired of responding to your home on what is essentially a domestic disturbance. It's up to you to make the decision to 86 them off your property.

Comment

OK it depends on obviously your states law BUT in general it depends on how long you allowed them to stay. I think you said they have beent here since June? IN PA they have since techinically established residency in YOUR HOUSE. Basically it would take u months to evict them and in the meantime they are mooching off you.. You ALLOWED them in and now they can stay UNTIL you evict. UNless they commit a crime and then the judge can order them out ASAP. BAsically how it works in PA.
      P.S.- what are you a SARGE of???
      I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
        P.S.- what are you a SARGE of???
        He's the head sarge of Bigfoot. Any luck lately sarge?
        It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
          He's the head sarge of Bigfoot. Any luck lately sarge?
          You is TOOOO FUNNEE. Tanks fo de laffs...
          I got nothing for now

Comment

Civil Matter - I doubt the police will do a whole lot for you, they will probably mediate for you a little... Ask for cooperation etc.

If they dont leave on their own, You probably going to have to go to court and get an order to have them removed (evicted) they technically live at your home now...

Nice huh....
            Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Originally posted by bigcop97
              Civil Matter - I doubt the police will do a whole lot for you, they will probably mediate for you a little... Ask for cooperation etc.

If they dont leave on their own, You probably going to have to go to court and get an order to have them removed (evicted) they technically live at your home now...

Nice huh....
              HEYYYY thats what I said But thanks for the backup anyways...
              I got nothing for now

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5769 users online. 344 members and 5425 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X