300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homosexuals in law enforcement......

I am goind to be writting a paper for school regarding policies on homosexuals in law enforcement. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find information about different policies. Or if there are any written policies. The bulk of the paper will be about Gays in the Military, but there will be some information about other lines of work as well. I'm not able to use the internet as a source, nor would I trust the information I would find! I want to know if there is information available to employees, or the general public. If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Kasey

Originally posted by kasey6
    I'm not able to use the internet as a source, nor would I trust the information I would find! Kasey
    Uh, isn't the internet what brought you to this site? Be interesting to see responses you get on this topic.

To get you started, no written rule in our Department concerning it...
    Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

I'm not Gay... at least my wife says so!

I highly doubt there are any Official Sources about how many Gays are in LE.
      What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

OMG there are homosexuals in LE....

Anywho with that said.... You won't find any policies about homosexuals because as others said it is discrimination, but they are always unwritten rules....

Also, some agencies may offer benefits that are normally offered to married folks...So that is something to look into...
        THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

There cannot be any policies against it. The would be a civil rights violation. We had a gay officer here that is currently retired. He was great. I trusted him with my life more than some other officers that were here.

You may want to look into GOAL (Gay Officers Action League). Also, there used to be gay police recruiting for the NYPD, but I do not know if it still exists.

Sammy
          If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
          www.samanthafund.com

Comment

One agency San Fransico PD led the way on gay hiring

We have no gays here, Our guys aren't even happy let alone gay.

Comment

Bodie, I can almost guarantee you that if you are in a larger department, there is at least 1 or more gay officers on your job. He is in the closet. He may be married or have a girlfriend. He probably laughs the hardest at the gay jokes that are made. Small departments have them too.

I've met many gay officers that are in the closet in large and small departments through the retired guy that was on my job.

Sammy

Originally posted by Bodie
              One agency San Fransico PD led the way on gay hiring

We have no gays here, Our guys aren't even happy let alone gay.
              If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
              www.samanthafund.com

Comment

I think Bodie was kidding because he lives in Ohio's gay mecca

Patience with ignorance

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
                  I think Bodie was kidding because he lives in Ohio's gay mecca

Where's that.......Gayhana LOL
                  Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Originally posted by 6233108
                    Where's that.......Gayhana LOL

well at least worked at the gay mecca

which is Columbus

Patience with ignorance

Comment

go to www.goalne.org (gay officers action league of new england. good site with lots of info on gays in law enforcement.
                      Last edited by blag; 10-02-2005, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee
                        There is or should be no laws or rules what so ever. one word to sum it up. discrimanation.

thats the equal oppertunity law thing that makes it illegal to hire, fire and non promate based on religan sexual orintation (spel) and ethinicaty.
                        Why would you write a paper on this subject. Are you studying to be some EOE whistleblower?

Or are you just asking because this is a personal issue you have about getting a job in LE and are making up a lie because you fear we will jump on you?

Comment

Sorry Bodie I thought you were serious for a second. I did not know Ohio was the gay Mecca.

Also SO535, it's an important subject if you are a gay officer in law enforcement or know someone that is a gay officer in law enforcement or even if you have gay officers on your department and others are having trouble dealing with it.

Sammy
                          Last edited by SammyCal1; 10-02-2005, 09:55 PM.
                          www.samanthafund.com

Comment

I don't know about Bodie's neck of the woods, but I always thought Lakewood was ohio's gay mecca.
                            "Well I'm here now, so deal with it."

Comment

I work side by side with gay officers every day. Does not bother me and they fit in well in this department. I think it helps that almost all of them are female. But like I said I hold nothing against them just as long as they got my back when SHTF.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2912 users online. 193 members and 2719 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X