300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a cop be color blind?

Im just gonna get straight to the point. I have some red/green color blindness and was wondering if I could become a cop. And for those who don't know what color blidness is it's not like I can't see colors, it's just sometimes I don't see the same color as you do. I actually talked to a representative from a police station at a Police convention and I asked her the question, can you have color blindness and become a cop? She said well as far as I know, we have a colorblind cop in our department. So if anyone can help answer my question I'd appreciate it. Btw I live in NJ.

Can a cop be color blind?

I am.

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Yes you can. Not all local agencies even check for it. They usually only check your basic colors red, green and yellow; and I am sure you can see these when they are not jumbled up. I do know that if your applying for the feds they will check and they'll use something called the Ishara color plates (circle with a number and a bunch of dots). I took this test for my faa medical certificate and failed. I was then given an alternate "light" test. it was a box that would flash red, green and amber. I passed that.
      Blame it on the Trunk Monkey!!!

Comment

not a cop, so had to delete...
        Last edited by lt93lover; 10-01-2005, 03:03 PM. Reason: not a cop

Comment

I can deffinitely see amber, green and red with no problems. It's just certain shades of green and red that I cannot see. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Eye Test

I would go to my local eye doc and have him give you every test under the sun to see what your numbers are. I would then contact personnel departments at agenicies you are interested in to see if you meet their requirements.

Comment

In my dept you could not. -We are given a test to check for color blindness.

Comment

MAI

It will vary from agency to agency. For general concerns regarding this issue check out:

http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/pdf/Vision.pdf
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4719 users online. 234 members and 4485 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X