Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday.

I get the "shes already suffered with the possible leg loss" and all but, that is not for me to decide, leave that to the DA. He can cut her some type of break. I think she has to be put in front of the system for her DUI(OWI). She did it, let her deal with the aftermath.

Comment

Fits DUII here in oregon.
      Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

would you charge her?

Short answer: Yes. She chose to take the drugs. She chose to ride the motorcycle, knowing she could be impaired. This isn't a vengeance or retribution thing,nor is it a punishment thing. That's the court's function. The court can't act until you get the case before it. Hopefully, if charged and convicted, the young lady will correct her actions. Doesn't happen as often we might like, but I'd at least go to the DA with the case.

Comment

Charge her and let the DA take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal
            Short answer: Yes. She chose to take the drugs. She chose to ride the motorcycle, knowing she could be impaired. This isn't a vengeance or retribution thing,nor is it a punishment thing. That's the court's function. The court can't act until you get the case before it. Hopefully, if charged and convicted, the young lady will correct her actions. Doesn't happen as often we might like, but I'd at least go to the DA with the case.
            Perfect answer. I would just add if your ever questioning charging someone just send it through to the prosecutors. They are the ones who ultimately are in charge of the case and decide whether the charges should be prosecuted. The area I work is really good about having an open relationship with the county attorneys. Just write it up and send it through if it does not sit right with you...
            Retired 02/01/13

Comment

You have no choice but to file the charges and let the court either sentence her to jail or drug treatment.
              I am concerned you even had to ask this. Only thing that could change her ways other then God or treatment may be jail. Otherwise she's a one legged drug addict that can still drive a car and next time kill an innocent person.

Comment

Charge her with everything you can.........imagine if that guardrail had been a child. She chose to drive impaired so she will have to live with the end results of her actions.
                What we are dealing with here.......is a complete lack of respect for the law (Sheriff Buford T. Justice)

Comment

Originally posted by gpinindy
                  A few days ago I responded to a 10-50 (accident) where a woman was riding a motorcycle and hit a guardrail at about 45mph. In the process of being thrown she got a massive laceration on her leg (bones hanging out etc.) that may result in the loss of her leg. Well the tox report came back and indicated that she had 4 different kinds of "drugs" in her at the time of the accident.
                  now I have the option to charge her with OWI resulting in serious bodily injury.
                  No one else was injured in the accident or property damaged. And I haven't been able to confirm whether or not she lost her leg.
                  My thinking is that if she did in fact lose her leg then that alone is a lifetime punishment and I should leave it at that. But if she still has her leg... them I'm still not sure.

Yes, I would charge her. I would also discuss it with the prosceutor, and expect him to use his discretion too. But I would (and have under identical circumstances) charge her.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Just alchohol I'd charge. Four different drugs: CHARGE HER.
                    ..life is what it is...

Comment

Charging her probably won't make much difference to her, but it will show that you are fair and impartial. And thats what the public expects from you. Let the prosecutor dismiss the case if he wants. After all, he's the elected official.
                      Jerry
                      "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

I ask because I'm a rook.
                        I'm starting the follow-up on it today.

Comment

Originally posted by CarCop
                          Everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday.

I get the "shes already suffered with the possible leg loss" and all but, that is not for me to decide, leave that to the DA. He can cut her some type of break. I think she has to be put in front of the system for her DUI(OWI). She did it, let her deal with the aftermath.
                          IMO, a NEAR PERFECT response. Not so perfect- Charge the BEYOTCH...

To add to it, we are NOT the judge nor the jury, we have a crime? Than charge her and let the multi hundred dollar an hour defenwse att. whittle away at why we should NOT have chargeed her. She broke the law and our job is {kinda} done. Bring it to the courts... I have almost NO NO NO sympathy for a drunk or wasted driver...
                          I got nothing for now

Comment

e man are those your legs and thong ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                              e man are those your legs and thong ?????
                              UH depends on who's asking and for what reason
                              Seriously though, Sure as heck aint mine, aint my wifes either. It is her *** that I handpainted though
                              I got nothing for now

Comment

I would write her the pinch, she could have ended up a torpedo through your mothers windshield!
                                Go ahead and run! My dog is hungry!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5158 users online. 280 members and 4878 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X