300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you charge her?

A few days ago I responded to a 10-50 (accident) where a woman was riding a motorcycle and hit a guardrail at about 45mph. In the process of being thrown she got a massive laceration on her leg (bones hanging out etc.) that may result in the loss of her leg. Well the tox report came back and indicated that she had 4 different kinds of "drugs" in her at the time of the accident.
    now I have the option to charge her with OWI resulting in serious bodily injury.
    No one else was injured in the accident or property damaged. And I haven't been able to confirm whether or not she lost her leg.
    My thinking is that if she did in fact lose her leg then that alone is a lifetime punishment and I should leave it at that. But if she still has her leg... them I'm still not sure.

She could have killed somebody and even if she looses her leg, who's to say she won't try and drive again. Charge her!!!!!!!!!!! What do you care about a lifetime of punishment, she obviously didn't care enough to not get stoned and ride.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
      She could have killed somebody and even if she looses her leg, who's to say she won't try and drive again. Charge her!!!!!!!!!!! What do you care about a lifetime of punishment, she obviously didn't care enough to not get stoned and ride.
      ditto, plus she damaged the guard rail, that belongs to the state, which means she damaged someones property.

Comment

Charge her, CHarger her, Charge her. Painful as the leg injury might be, she broke the law and coulda seriously hurt you, me someones elses kids. Charge her and she'll get probably first time offenders UNLESS she is REPEAT...
        CHARGE HER...
        I got nothing for now

Comment

okay.. this is what I needed to hear. I need to hear from both sides. Thanks.

Comment

Have to agree.... better her leg than someone else's life.

Charge her.
            What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

man, your picture thing is disturbing.

Comment

LOL I agree, it is sick!

Comment

Don't be hatin'
                  Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

i cant concentrate

Comment

You're scaring me.... I dont know whether thats a good or bad thing.

Comment

Charge her, and how did you get a pic of me at that batchlerette party?

Comment

Chain letter j/k

Comment

Must be nice be able to charge for OWI causing injury (with injury only to suspect).
                            Here in MI it must be another person who is injured to charge for that.

MI Vehicle Code 257.625(5)
                            A person, who operates a motor vehicle in violation of subsection (1), (3), or (8) and by the operation of that motor vehicle causes a serious impairment of a body function of another person is guilty of a felony

Comment

I say (and I would) charge her.........
                              ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                              -- John Wayne

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5419 users online. 285 members and 5134 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X