300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockheed Martin Security Police

I applied for this yesterday. Anyone know anything about working here? i.e. duties, training, etc?

Requisition Number: 380362
    Date Posted: 08/12/2004
    Job Title: Security Police Officer
    Salary Grade: R19
    Rate Range: $17.82 - $22.27 per hr
    Job Class: Security
    Job Designation: HOURLY
    Description: Specific Description
    Perform armed security services for two Laboratory sites. A High School diploma is required as well as the ability to qualify with various firearms. Physical Fitness and Psychological evaluations must be successfully completed. Selected applicants will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. U.S. citizenship is required.

Business Unit: KAPL
    Business Area: INFO AND TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
    Work Location: Niskayuna, NY
    Manager: Timothy J Slocum
    Department: Knolls Site Security
    Relocation: NO
    Clearance Required: NONE
    Work Schedule: ROTATING
    Requisition Type: FULL-TIME
    Direct/Indirect: DIRECT
    Work Shift: VARIOUS

The money's pretty good, especially for the area. The requirements are pretty vague, I hope they're not looking for ex-military or LE because I'm neither. That's weird that the posting has been up for over a year though, I think they're looking for 2 people.

High paid on site security. Not a bad leo start but remember you are a security guard for a private company no matter the title on their property only.

Comment

the ones at the kennedy space center, most of them are
      " special deputies" for brevard county sheriff....

as was Sheriff kevin beary of orange county before he was elected sheriff.

www.schackdaddy.com
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
        High paid on site security. Not a bad leo start but remember you are a security guard for a private company no matter the title on their property only.
        Sounds good to me. Less area to cover, less **** to worry about.

Comment

EMT,

I applied to that same vacancy like 2 or 3 months ago and have yet to hear anything back from them. I also have no LE experience.

Comment

Originally posted by poly34
            EMT,

I applied to that same vacancy like 2 or 3 months ago and have yet to hear anything back from them. I also have no LE experience.
            They're never going to fill it if they don't hire anyone!

Comment

Lockheed Martin Security Police

Okay, first, let me say, this is not the average "security guard-renta-cop" job, so many of us talk about on this forum. Lockheed-Martin is an aero space defense contractor. That accounts for the background investigation noted in the job requirements. Bottom line, it's a pretty good job, and should offer some decent pay and benefits. I'd definitely check it out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5971 users online. 356 members and 5615 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X