300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I never quite understood this but why are people who come on police forums to bash on cops and call them names and stuff called TROLLS?? Trolls are midget dolls with hair sticking up if I remember....

They're also useful in manufacturing:

http://www.sp***stick.com/faqtrolls.htm

Comment

Originally posted by toni_tk
      I never quite understood this but why are people who come on police forums to bash on cops and call them names and stuff called TROLLS?? Trolls are midget dolls with hair sticking up if I remember....

The term "Troll" is used all over the internet on almost every message board. "Troll" is a term used to describe somebody who makes posts to stir up trouble and gain attention.

Comment

It comes from the word trolling, as in fishing. Trolls are people who post incindiary comments in attempts to bait others into making like comments and to expose the emotions of other people.

Comment

Originally posted by ctt
          It comes from the word trolling, as in fishing. Trolls are people who post incindiary comments in attempts to bait others into making like comments and to expose the emotions of other people.
          you must be holding a dictionary, no way you just came up with that.

Comment

I can't believe I asked this stupid question. I crack myself up sometimes.

So they use the term "trolls" to describe idiots.....so why not just call them as is..."idiots".......

Comment

I think it goes back to the fictional troll under the bridge who comes out and asks you stupid questions in order to cross the bridge. Best answer I could come up with at least.
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                I think it goes back to the fictional troll under the bridge who comes out and asks you stupid questions in order to cross the bridge. Best answer I could come up with at least.
                No! They're not fictional!

I use them as cheap labor:

http://www.sp***stick.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5981 users online. 336 members and 5645 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X