Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys but game over (final post)

I found out today, that several departments have been interested in hiring me, but my academy commander has been telling prospective employeers that I am not a good officer. Despite high test scores, an awesome fittness evaluation and perfect attendance. I had 1 bad day in the police academy in 18 weeks, and that is all he tells prospective employeers, and i have lost 3 possible jobs cause of what he is saying. Im sick and tired of the good ol boys club, I did nothing wrong at all. Cleveland Ohio Sucks, my wife and i are putting our house on the market and getting outta here as of this weekend. Im a good officer, i just need someone to give me a chance. Thanks to those who cared from the beginning. I dont care about the rest. THis is my last post.... Im officially through trying to get a police job.

Stay Safe and god bless everyone
    Auxofc

Originally posted by AUXOFC74
    I found out today, that several departments have been interested in hiring me, but my academy commander has been telling prospective employeers that I am not a good officer. Despite high test scores, an awesome fittness evaluation and perfect attendance. I had 1 bad day in the police academy in 18 weeks, and that is all he tells prospective employeers, and i have lost 3 possible jobs cause of what he is saying. Im sick and tired of the good ol boys club, I did nothing wrong at all. Cleveland Ohio Sucks, my wife and i are putting our house on the market and getting outta here as of this weekend. Im a good officer, i just need someone to give me a chance. Thanks to those who cared from the beginning. I dont care about the rest. THis is my last post.... Im officially through trying to get a police job.

Auxofc
    You take care and don't feel all that bad, being a police officer is a job (sometimes a **** job at that) nothing more, if I had more options I'd have quit years ago. I wish you would have gone to a different academy my friend, things would've been different. You'll be fine. Good luck on your move, you'll certainly improve your surroundings by getting out of the armpit of middle America.
    Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Auxofc
      If you don't mind me asking, what is he telling your prospective employers? It's a shame to see you waste those months of academy training. I wish you and your wife the best...there's more to life then being a police officer.

Comment

What happened to the department that you worked for when you were going through the academy? I would think recommendations/references from the Chief of that department would mean more than some Academy Commander.

Comment

Are you able to sit down with the guy to finout why he is hamstringing you? You should findout if he has the authority to make those comments to employers.

Up here he would get his *** sued off. He could flunk you so you wouldn't be eligible for the job, but he couldn't talk *off the record* crap about you..

If you have a advocate.. or an instructor that may be able to go to bat for you, take them in with you.

At this point you have nothing else to lose

Good luck

Comment

How exactly are you a "good officer" if you are not a cop? You did nothing wrong and had 1 bad day out of 18 weeks and your Commander has nothing better to do than destroy your rep? What all did you do during the one day which was 'bad'? Methinks there is WAY more to the story than you are telling.
            It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

I had 1 bad day in the police academy in 18 weeks
              An officer having "1 bad day" on the job can bring down an entire department. You need to tell us what happened.
              Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

If what you say is true have a good attorney fire off a letter to the COMMANDER and fire him up. That should change things QUICKLY.

Comment

The department im an auxiliary with now, is mired in a battle with the mayor who is about to get voted out. I have no idea why they are not calling the chief, or exec LT who likes me. but they seem compelled to call the academy, and speak to a commander who spoke 5 sentences to me in 18 weeks. You can read what happened here.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36729

Comment

in my academy when **** hits the fan like that we just get yelled at and do it untill we get it right. we are there to learn ..alot of people don't know how to react to different situations. but like I said.. thats why we are there!

Comment

In my academy, because they have 40 students packed into a block of instruction, if we had to do things over till we got them right . it would take 3 weeks to do anything. they would never complete building searches, traffic crash investigation, or traffic stops. you get 1 shot at it,..... there just isnt enough time to do things over and over with so many people

Comment

We started w/ 78 and graduated 50. When any of us screw up our scenarios we would get yelled at (of course) and they would go into detail of how we screwed up and how we should have done it. Heck, even if we did pretty good we'd go over it as to how it could have been better. We had 1010 hours of instruction time though so I guess they allow for that deeper, more personal, instruction.
                        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I also notice that your academy was 18 weeks, what kind of academy did you go to? Why was it so short?

Comment

680 hours in Ohio for those in the know "Marty's Party" .. allegedly the "best in the state" according to the commander, and not a "bottom feeder academy , according to LT " but i think 623 may have something to say about that ..

Comment

680 hours in Ohio for those in the know "Marty's Party" .. allegedly the "best in the state" according to the commander, and not a "bottom feeder academy , according to LT " but i think 623 may have something to say about that ..
                              Wow... it's 800 minimum in NY and I don't know a single academy that's under 1000 hours. I guess it's true what they say about NY.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5017 users online. 332 members and 4685 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X