Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seizures

Hello everyone,

I have been an officer for 2 1/2 yrs and have just been diagnosed with partial temporal lobe seizures. With medication, you wouldn't know I have them except for the fact that I feel like crap most of the time. The meds keep the dizziness/spinning/falling sensations from occurring and I have been working with this condition for about a year (*just didn't know what it was). I am in the unfortunate position that my department is being farmed out to the Sheriff for so called lack of money and will be out of a job soon. Question is, will this keep me from being hired anywhere else, or am I covered under ADA? I just haven't been able to find any info on cops who have had this. What I did find is that you can't be fired for it. But that doesn't apply because we're being shut down. Any thoughts? Thanks

Mike

I think it might give you trouble, but you'll need to call the specific agencies. Most states won't allow you to have a driver's license until you've been seizure free for at least 6 months. You likely don't have to worry about that because you already have your licence, but it could still give you trouble.

Comment

Mike,

That bites that you already in an agency that knows of your seizures, but heading out. I can see where it would be an "issue" with another Dept., so shine big time to take their minds off it! G'luck with it and keep us informed...
      Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5534 users online. 341 members and 5193 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X