Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update, plus I've another question

Hello again everyone,

Yesterday I was photographed and finger printed. They want to hire us before October 31st. Initially I thought I'd be competing against 2 other people, but it looks like I've only one competition.

There are 3 postions and only 4 people are being interviewed. Two of whom are already employed as cadets by the dept. Those 2 will definitely be hired, at least that's what I think.

At the moment, I seem to have the advantage over the remaining candidate. I've military background, he does not, I speak the secondary language they are looking for, he does not. So hopefully this will help smooth out my past military indiscretion.

Here's my question. Yesterday we were given the application to take home and was told to return it notarized, by tuesday at the latest. I completed the application and have since turned it in. However, I forgot to list a job I had years ago. I don't want them to think I purposedly ommited information.

I will call monday morning to see if it's not too late to add it on the application. Do you think it'll be a problem? Thanks in advance!

Type info on single sheet and submit as additional information.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      Type info on single sheet and submit as additional information.

Thanks Bodie, I'll call them Monday morning to let them know I'll be doing that. I really have a good feeling about this one.

Comment

Agree with Bodie... simple mistake that can be fixed.
        Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

Thanks for the support folks. I know Bodie and many others have told I should be fine regarding my past mistake with the military, however I'm still concerned. It's easy for me to explain what happened to folks online because of the anonymity, but I feel I may seem too nervous in front of an oral board. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by IloveAmerica
            but I feel I may seem too nervous in front of an oral board. Any advice?
            Tell the truth... the whole truth... and nothing but the truth...
            Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

Originally posted by IloveAmerica
              . So hopefully this will help smooth out my past military indiscretion.
              What is the military indiscreation?????? That might not be good?

Comment

Originally posted by 3Rd Street
                What is the military indiscreation?????? That might not be good?

You can read about it here http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33813

Comment

I don't think so.

I don't think that will DQ you. You made a mistake, then made it right. When you leave this time, you will get the honorable discharge (assuming you are leaving). Just be up front about it. Don't try to conceal it or lie about it. Integrity issues are automatic DQ's.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                    I don't think that will DQ you. You made a mistake, then made it right. When you leave this time, you will get the honorable discharge (assuming you are leaving). Just be up front about it. Don't try to conceal it or lie about it. Integrity issues are automatic DQ's.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I plan on being totally honest with them. As for me leaving the military, I plan to do at least 20 years in the Guard.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6704 users online. 359 members and 6345 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X