300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much $ you making?

Let's hear what you're making. What did you start out making? If you're making a decent living, how are you accomplishing that? Obviously starting pay isn't amazing, but I hear there are ways to end up taking home a pretty good paycheck. Let's talk money.

Here you go.

There are several Threads on this Topic.

Here is the latest.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29053

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by JustDontDie
      Let's hear what you're making. What did you start out making? If you're making a decent living, how are you accomplishing that? Obviously starting pay isn't amazing, but I hear there are ways to end up taking home a pretty good paycheck. Let's talk money.
      If you want to make a good living, its like most other things in life. Be prepared to study, work hard, work long hours and be prepared to do things that the average person is not!!

Comment

Started at about $27,000 and now well over $100,000

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
          Started at about $27,000 and now well over $100,000
          damn buddy. how?

Comment

Thats 100,000 over the last 20 years Bodies been doin it. Cumulative.
            Me, I am losing around 20K this yr from taking my new job but in 2 more years Ill be making more and doing LESS.....
            I got nothing for now

Comment

How it went for me starting in 1990: 17K, 18.5K, 24K, 27K, 32K new department mid 1995: 39K, 43K, 46K, 49K, 51K, 52.5K, 55K, Made Sgt.: 63K,
              65K, 67K, 69.5K and these are all base pay #'s. With new department averaged $7K in OT as Ptl. now Avg. 13K in OT.
              Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

When I started in LE I was making $440/month (YES,THAT's RIGHT! ) in N.M. Now, without OT but with various "benes" I'm around 60k/year. Between me & the ol' lady it gets us bt pretty well

Comment

I think.. NOT ENOUGH thats how much!!

Comment

I just started. 25.8

Comment

Started in 2000, base pay was at $43K, never made less than $60.
                      On my 5th year now base is at $55k, will break $80k by the end of the year.

TGY
                      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Seems cops aren't paid nearly as bad as people make it out to be. At least in most of you guy's case. Especially if you are A. a batchelor or B. Have a working wife. If you have a working wife that is paid half decently then you can even manage having a family. Imagine that!

Comment

Originally posted by JustDontDie
                          Seems cops aren't paid nearly as bad as people make it out to be. At least in most of you guy's case. Especially if you are A. a batchelor or B. Have a working wife. If you have a working wife that is paid half decently then you can even manage having a family. Imagine that!
                          Start looking at the cost of living and put it up against what some of these guys make. Then you might see that on the surface the pay looks good but when you can't afford a decent house, car, etc. it's not all that it's cracked up to be. Not that I'd change careers-I love what I do, but don't get paid NEARLY enough. I won't say what I make but it's not enough for me to stop working extra jobs on my days off. And before anyone asks, no I'm not deeply in debt, have alot of "toys", etc. Just a decent home, loving wife (with a good teaching job), and a new (6mon) baby.
                          The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
                          Ronald Reagan

Comment

Just got a raise to around $46k/year...with overtime, probably gross $53-55k

Comment

My 1st job paid $3.48 and hour back in the day and it was high pay. Now my $100,000 is because I can double dip so to speak. Retired and working.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5184 users online. 318 members and 4866 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X