300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Memory

I recently work with some I.C.E. SRT members. I noticed a few of them would pantomime firing his primary weapon, changing thru all of his magazines, switching to his side-arm and swapping magazines for it. He would reach for and touch all of his accessories.

Do any of you practice this to build muscle memory? If so do you only do it after rearranging your duty belt?

Thanks
    Marack
    BJ "Dub Dub" Halterman
    American Legion Riders
    Polk City, Ia
    Post 232

Applied: Passed Tests: Interviewed: Waiting

"What the Hell is Poliosis?!?" Achmed the dead terrorist
    "She touched my pepe Steve" #4 Multiplicity

Practice, practice, practice. It never hurts to go through it a few minutes each day.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

You will find that all that time in front of the mirror, doing the same things over and over and over, will ultimately pay off. You will come at a time where you will draw your gun so fast, you didnt realize it, your cuffs will be immediately in your hand without a thought, etc. As said above, practice and be certain to practice RIGHT!
      Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

I'll add a little more. Watch race car drivers and bicycle racers before they race. You can see them going through the shifts, the turns, ect. They have run those tracks more than you can possibly imagine yet they are going through and re-enforcing their muscle memory because every bit helps. This practice is no less helpful to you with your duty gear and your DT practice.
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Sorry, I have been gone. I hate being broke. (Computer) Thanks for all the replies.
          BJ "Dub Dub" Halterman
          American Legion Riders
          Polk City, Ia
          Post 232

Applied: Passed Tests: Interviewed: Waiting

"What the Hell is Poliosis?!?" Achmed the dead terrorist
          "She touched my pepe Steve" #4 Multiplicity

Comment

I practice for a while every time I switch duty holsters (which thankfully, isnt that often). Everyone above is 150% correct...practice practice practice, and before you know it...when you need it, it's second nature.

It would really suck to change holsters and end up fumbling around with a new holster when there are rounds coming at you!

Life Lesson: Yesterday I ended up in a vehicle pursuit...then foot pursuit with two armed robbery suspects. My partner and two other officers already had the first guy in custody, so a fourth officer and I went after the second guy. I ended up finding him in an easement a couple of streets away. Long story short, all of a sudden I realized that I had to holster my weapon to get him cuffed. I'd subconsciously drawn down on him with out even having to think about it. Pretty cool!
            "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king...or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and commend those who do right. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king." I Peter 2:13-17

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5659 users online. 320 members and 5339 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X