300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas

Describe for me what this city is like around 2AM? In my intro to admin of justice class the other day we talked briefly about it. Anybody here work that city? Have any acquaintences? Been on vacation and had a good glimpse of anything crazy? Also, how do the prostitution laws work there? Is there any guidlines or is it a free for all? Is it strictly enforced? How far through the city or out of the city is prostituion legal? HOW IS IT LEGAL???
    Last edited by JustDontDie; 09-22-2005, 11:57 PM.

Originally posted by JustDontDie
    Describe for me what this city is like around 2AM? In my intro to admin of justice class the other day we talked briefly about it. Anybody here work that city? Have any acquaintences? Been on vacation and had a good glimpse of anything crazy? Also, how do the prostitution laws work there? Is there any guidlines or is it a free for all? Is it strictly enforced? How far through the city or out of the city is prostituion legal? HOW IS IT LEGAL???
    At 2 a.m. thing are just getting started. NY may have the nickname, but Vegas is truly the city that never sleeps.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Prostitution is not legal in all of Clark county. You have to go quite a ways to find legal hookers. How is it legal, well, it is not a federal law and the states can do what they want.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I never worked in Vegas, but I have been there a lot (family there). Just a block off the strip are some really seedy neighborhoods. Away from the strip, it's another BIG city with all the usual problems. And, IIRC, prostitution is legal except in Clark County (Vegas) and Reno.
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

I believe street prostitution is illegal, but they have special houses set up for that.

Comment

So it is or isn't illegal? Also, can a U.S. Marshall for instance arrest anyone they want if they are involved in prostitution?

Comment

It is not a federal crime, and besides, US Marshalls are do fugitive recovery, not patrol. Most states and a few counties in NV have outlawed prostitution. It is illegal in Clark County, Reno. As far as the rest of NV your good to go, have fun, LOL, JK!
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                It is not a federal crime, and besides, US Marshalls are do fugitive recovery, not patrol. Most states and a few counties in NV have outlawed prostitution. It is illegal in Clark County, Reno. As far as the rest of NV your good to go, have fun, LOL, JK!
                So if it's legal, then does it matter if any of us were to partake? These are just questions out of curiousity. I have no plan to indulge.

Comment

Lots of things are legal in different areas that will cause you grief when applying.

Comment

Prostitution is illegal in Clark County (Las Vegas) and Washoe County (Reno).
                    It is legal in the other counties of Nevada, but then only in state licensed brothels.And yes, Las Vegas is the most exciting city in the world.There is something to do 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by JustDontDie
                      Ok kid, you're starting to scare me with this hooker thing. Are you flying out there with your buddy. Looking for some legal heavy peting this time?

Legal or not, most departments are looking for people of good moral character. Does speading time with prostitutes legal or not seem a good idea for someone considering a career in law enforcement.

Though, if you have cancer and have a couple weeks to live go knock yourself out.

Comment

Vegas is a blast at 2 pm or 2 am!

As for the prostitution question its been answered correctly...legal in NV except in Clark and Washoe county.
                        RIP Sgt. Henry Prendes...EOW 2/1/06
                        RIP Off. James Manor...EOW 5/7/09
                        RIP Ofc. Milburn "Millie" Beitel...EOW 10/7/09
                        RIP Ofc. Trevor Nettleton...EOW 11/19/09
                        RIP Ofc. Daniel Leach...EOW 11/21/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4011 users online. 253 members and 3758 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X