300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighborhood Noise

I live in an inner city neighborhood and constantly have to put up with teenagers standing on the corner across from my house yelling obscenities @ each other. The language is atrocious. The problem is that I have a young child that is constantly being exposed to this. Asking them to cease and desist has proven worthless. Is there anyway the police can get involved? There is no curfew being broken.

Something can be done. Call the police, and at the very least they will be moved along. In Canada, we can deal with that type of complaint as a "cause disturbance", "Breach of the peace", and "Mischief". There are also by-laws and provincial statutes that can come into play.

If there are out late and young will drive them home, sometimes all the Ministry of Children and Family Services. If they have been drinking they can get liquor tickets or go to jail until they are sober.

Call the police and if you know one, let them know about it. Sometimes the best place to write off files is where the kids hang out and cause trouble. Most get the hint that they've worn out the welcome when the police car is sitting in their favorite spot

Good luck

Comment

Call the police evytime it happens and after a few times the kids won't hang out there anymore. Cops may get aggravated at repaeted calls and start making an arrest or two for minor things and the kids will get the message.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
        Call the police evytime it happens and after a few times the kids won't hang out there anymore. Cops may get aggravated at repaeted calls and start making an arrest or two for minor things and the kids will get the message.
        That is if the police department has the manpower to deal with the situations. I lived downtown in an o.k. neighborhood across the street from a park that overlooked the downtown airport. Every weekend we had mexican thugs that filled up the parking lot, mariachi music blaring until 2 a.m. until they all got bored started discharging their firearms into the air and they drove off.

Park was supposed to be closed after dark. I called the police for a month at least once each weekend when the gunfire went off. I then called them for another month after that when the music was loud letting the dispatcher know that they routinely shoot firearms at the end of the night.

We had officers show up for the gunshot calls in a short amount of time, but very rarely did they show up to kick the kids out for being there. When an officer did show up, he would turn on his lights and sit at the corner of the parking lot and the kids knew the drill.

Comment

CTT

Is that anywhere close to Cherokee street.
          John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

Youths making noise is going to be considered a low priority call. All the domestics and car accidents are going to come first. If it is a busy night it might take a couple hours to get there, but we will always come.

Shots fired is a different story. Any kind of weapons compalin is going to get a hurry up response.

Comment

Originally posted by locke1419
              CTT

Is that anywhere close to Cherokee street.
              I'm not sure where Cherokee Street is, I'm assuming it's in STL. I used to live in Kansas City on "Quality" Hill.

cst, I know that kids hanging out at a park should be a low priority call, but I always felt that because I was calling in pretty much every weekend about shots being fired that there would have been a more forceful response. I know the world doesn't center around me and believe that if they had the capability to run them off they would have.

It went in spurts, sometimes an officer would sit at the entrance to the lot all night and that stopped them from hanging around. A week or two after that, though, it was like there was no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ctt
                I'm not sure where Cherokee Street is, I'm assuming it's in STL. I used to live in Kansas City on "Quality" Hill.

cst, I know that kids hanging out at a park should be a low priority call, but I always felt that because I was calling in pretty much every weekend about shots being fired that there would have been a more forceful response. I know the world doesn't center around me and believe that if they had the capability to run them off they would have.

It went in spurts, sometimes an officer would sit at the entrance to the lot all night and that stopped them from hanging around. A week or two after that, though, it was like there was no difference.
                Hey!! The world does centre around you!! Your world that is!!! So, call 911, or if there is a neighborhood liasion office or police officer try talking to them as well.

You have the right to enjoy your life and property.

Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5019 users online. 296 members and 4723 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X