300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrest tactics

Hello. Does anyone know of a website that has diagrams of arrest tactics? We started practicing them @ POST night before last and I feel like i may be missing something. Does anyone know of any website that shows a step-by-step diagram? Specifically position 3. You can PM me with the info if you don't want to make the link public.

Thanks!
    Started POST Sept. 6, 2005

Even in PM. I dont know you and would not dare give that info.
    What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

I know you don't know me, but i do know there are sites/books available on it. I just haven't been able to locate any. If you don't know or don't want to let me know, that's ok too. I'll just try to get w/my instructor before or after. Just looking for some extra practice.

Comment

i'm not trying to be smart ***, but isnt that why your instructors are there, besides, just like anything else, although the basics are probly the same, each agency is probly going to have their own spin of it, which what i say, might not be aceptable by your instructors.
        if you are not getting something, dont be afraid to ask them, they know you are not an officer now, so you probly will be missing some things...

Comment

Originally posted by tango3
          Hello. Does anyone know of a website that has diagrams of arrest tactics? We started practicing them @ POST night before last and I feel like i may be missing something. Does anyone know of any website that shows a step-by-step diagram? Specifically position 3. You can PM me with the info if you don't want to make the link public.

Thanks!

Day after day the questions get worse and WORSE! Arrest Tactics over the net? Damn son you might as well get a "Arrest Tactics for Dummies" book and read it...come on man. Either you will learn it in the academy and them some in Field Training, but if you can't cut, well you just won't make it. Sorry to sound harsh. But to come here asking for advice of where to look on the net, come on....get some common sense!
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Nice little quote I picked up and I think it fits here:

Use Common Sense. If you have any, borrow some from somebody.
            What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I had a specific question about hand placement, but I asked an instructor. I mostly just was hoping for something to look at so i wouldn't fall on my face infront of everyone. Its not about whether i can "cut it" because i've worked my butt off to get to this point. Sorry to upset everyone and make it seem questions get worse and worse everyday. Just trying to make sure i'm doing the procedures correctly.

Maybe this would be a situation where an "in the academy" section would be beneficial, as suggested in another post.
              Last edited by tango3; 09-22-2005, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Like the other guys said, we probably do things a little differrently in our agencies and Academies. Position 3 sounds like like it should be taught by your instructor, since I never heard of it. Just a reminder for a future LEO, Keep your training to yourself. The bad guys out there are always training to defeat our techniques and tactics, so make them buy the books!
                Jerry
                "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by tango3
                  I guess I wasn't clear enough. I had a specific question about hand placement, but I asked an instructor. I mostly just was hoping for something to look at so i wouldn't fall on my face infront of everyone. Its not about whether i can "cut it" because i've worked my butt off to get to this point. Sorry to upset everyone and make it seem questions get worse and worse everyday. Just trying to make sure i'm doing the procedures correctly.

Maybe this would be a situation where an "in the academy" section would be beneficial, as suggested in another post.
                  To be honest, I'm not comfortable giving too much tactical information online anyway. Have you seen some of the posts here?
                  Jerry
                  "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3723 users online. 272 members and 3451 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X