300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled Over Speeding - Warning, no ticket

I got pulled over for speeding the other night. I was doing 65 on a 55 limit. The officer asked for my license and insurance, the car was barely a week old, so I had temporary dealer registration taped to the windshield.
    The officer took my licence and told me she would run a check on the id. I have no prior tickets and have been never pulled over before. The officer came back after about 30 seconds from her squad car and told me not to speed on these roads, and that the road had a limit of 40 after 2 miles. No tickets, and she just waved me on.

My question is that are these verbal warnings recorded? Does it mean that the next time i am caught doing 5 above the limit, I get the ticket? ( Not that i intend to speed, but just a question )

Just for my knowledge, do they record the number of times they pulled you over, even though they do not give u a ticket? If so, how long are these records maintained?
    Last edited by eccentric_ash; 09-24-2005, 10:29 PM.

no, no and no

you have nothing to worry about
    -do your job, do it right, win the fight, go home!

Comment

No but we have good memories. She may have recorded name lic number in her personal notebook so don't press your luck.

Comment

if that same officer stops you again, and remembers you,, you will probly get hammered..only the officer keeps track of verbal warnings, if its a smaller town like i worked, its not hard to remember people,,so be ware.

Comment

Originally posted by eccentric_ash
          I got pulled over for speeding the other night. I was doing 65 on a 55 limit. The officer asked for my license and insurance, the car was barely a week old, so I had temporary dealer registration taped to the windshield.
          The officer took my licence and told me she would run a check on the id. I have no prior tickets and have been never pulled over before. The officer came back after about 30 seconds from her squad car and told me not to speed on these roads, and that the road had a limit of 40 after 2 miles. No tickets, and she just waved me on.

My question is that are these verbal warnings recorded? Does it mean that the next time i am caught doing 5 above the limit, I get the ticket?

Do they record the number of times they pulled you over, even though they do not give u a ticket? If so, how long are these records maintained?
          Actually, in my department every stop is logged on the in house computer. I.E. your stopped, officer calls in stop to dispatch, dispatch logs stop in the in house computer. Next time you are stopped, dispatch enters your registration and D.L. # and guess what, they inform officer that you have been stopped before and the outcome, warning, citation, crim or arrest or whatever......never seen 2 warnings in a row....
          What we are dealing with here.......is a complete lack of respect for the law (Sheriff Buford T. Justice)

Comment

Same here Buford, it is a great way to "track" repeat offenders...
            Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

The last 2 posts are gonna make this kid scared to drive Good Job...
              Job well done. ACtually some places do record every single stop. Usually to track racial profiling, OH I HATE THAT TERM.
              I got nothing for now

Comment

Warning no ticket.

You got a break. Nothing is on your Motor Vehicle History. The next time, you may not be as fortunate. Be careful.

Comment

BTW, Buford? I love your avatar, and sig. I have that very sig (.wav) on my computer at start up! I LOVE Smokey and the Bandit and all its one-liners!
                  Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

Up here your licence plate would be on the system for 3 days as a "no hit" check.

There would be nothing recorded as far as you getting a warning. Now that being said, sometimes we get sneaky. If you are a bad guy or driving a bad guy's car you might have been stopped just to see who you are. Then yes, you will be entered into the "system".

If you are Joe Average citizen you have nothing to worry about except for speeding past the same officer.

If you are an applicant you can unclench your sphincter...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6355 users online. 376 members and 5979 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X