300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Martial Art

Which fighting style do you believe works best in LE?
    And which do you believe to be the most bad-***?

For LE the grappling arts are best, I think, simply because the argument can be presented they are defensive in nature. As to the most "bad-***"? Gracie jiu-jitsu is surely effective, the Israeli ones (I can't even spell them!) seem good but hard to find an instructor, Akaido is very good but requires alot of training as does Judo or traditonal Jiu-Jitsu. HwaRang-Do is good as is Hapkido but finding a good instructor for them is also tough,but now you're getting away from the grappling arts & into something with more punches & kicks thrown. All this also depends on your body type & how much time you want to devote to it. there are no easy or quick systems. They all require a great deal of practice.

Comment

Hapkido--Joint locks, restraints, control-oriented.

Comment

The one that you are truly good at.
        Jerry
        "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
          The one that you are truly good at.
          YOU ARE WISE..You must have THE FORCE.. jk

Comment

I got a big force. And I walk softly...
            Jerry

Comment

I studied three styles. The last one, Okinawan (sp) Te was taught by an instructor who believed in mixing arts to suit the situation. The mixing together instead of being rigid in style is really effective.

Goes back to what was stated before, use what works!
              Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

I Prefer

Onea Biga Sticka or Smithawessana

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                  Onea Biga Sticka or Smithawessana

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I kinda like ching-ching pow. Must be a 1911 lover to understand that style.
                    Jerry

Comment

LockaLoad is great too. Your not out there doing hand to hand combat. You have to restrain violant indivuals quickly and with a less risk as possible so it can be a combination of several forms.

Comment

Well, I would suggest taking something you think you'll be able to learn and actually apply. Over the years, I have come to like grappling over traditional striking arts. The one I have liked the best so far was traditional jiu-jitsu. The instructor I had specifically designed his lesson's on an LE train of thought. We use to learn different levels of apprehension, ussally starting with a simple move to incapacitate your opponent, and ussally ending in using a fatal move on your oppenent. Or if not a fetal move, one that would at least involve the breaking of something. I also have had the chance to take aikido, judo, and originally started off with kick boxing.

Comment

Striking in any form can get you sued or fired or both.
                          We have been reduced to defensive tactics and restraint tactics.

Comment

BTW- the israeli form is called Krav Maga..
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

Mma

in my humble opinion, many martial arts have glaring weaknesses. Striking arts are week on the ground, wrestling lacks closing moves, akido is great once you have a wrist to lock, and close in styles lack outside strikes and grappling....and grappling is great if you dont have 20 pounds of gear and a restrictive vest on a, and oh by the way now your on the ground with him in your closed guard and now he's reaching to take your gun out of the holster...so to say any one martial arts is better is really kinda silly. I think many of the MA's have very applicable skills and should be studied. Also do some research on your own and find out what you need....keep it simple with low front kicks and leg strikes, jabs, crosses, uppercuts, takedowns and takedown defenses, and, joint locks when needed, and an effetive understanding of some of the gracie inspired brazillion jujitsu. Just my honest opinion.
                              www.officerdownbracelets.com
                              R.L.T.W

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2980 users online. 151 members and 2829 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X