Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the chain attached to badge called?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the chain attached to badge called?

I have a friend who lost everything in the hurricane including his duty gear and badge. He was trying to write down the cost of all of the police equipment he lost for insurance purposes and was trying to figure out if there was a special name and cost for the chain that you hang your badge on? To me it seems kind of silly the insurance company would need an exact title for everything, seems like its just a chain. If anybody knows what I'm talking about please help out.
    Last edited by frogdust; 09-21-2005, 11:18 PM.

Do You Mean the off duty badge that hangs under you shirt until you need it.
    Come on a real cop knows what catalogs to use to get replacements and the names for such .

Comment

Can you imagine putting in an insurance claim for that $1.00 chain? Seriously.
      Jerry
      "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Yes I think we have a "Wannabe" here trying to figure out how to get a $1 chain so they can wear a "Wannabe" badge.

Comment

What is the chain attached to the badge called

Let me see if I've got this right. This guy lost everything. To me, that means his home, car, personal possessions etc, and he's worried about a $1.00 chain? I'll pass on this one.

Comment

Hmmm I don't know how to respond to this....

*a moment of silence*
            THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by frogdust
              I have a friend who lost everything in the hurricane including his duty gear and badge. He was trying to write down the cost of all of the police equipment he lost for insurance purposes and was trying to figure out if there was a special name and cost for the chain that you hang your badge on? To me it seems kind of silly the insurance company would need an exact title for everything, seems like its just a chain. If anybody knows what I'm talking about please help out.
              If its issued gear from his DEPARTMENT, which if hes NOPD, they issue everything to their officers, then he or you...would not have to get a claim from your insurance, nor have I heard of someone claiming their duty gear on their insurance. Thats something they would have to take up with their department....or as some have said....are you looking to buy a badge chain...?
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Anyone know the name of that stringy thing that keeps my boots from falling off? I need to make a claim to get it replaced. Oh yeah...I think they call it a shoe lace.
                Jerry
                "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                  Anyone know the name of that stringy thing that keeps my boots from falling off? I need to make a claim to get it replaced. Oh yeah...I think they call it a shoe lace.

ok that was funny

I had to comment

*snicker*
                  THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

I'm Believn' somebody bes' jerkin' our "chain" here.

Comment

No I'm definitely not a wannabe looking to buy a chain or badge. This guy lived but didn't work in St. Bernard Parish where everything was wiped out. He doesn't work for the NOPD and other than uniforms and weapon, which department pays for, he has to buy everything. Just think about it if you lost everything every dollar means something. He was on temp injury leave when the hurricane hit waiting for a medical return the day the storm hit, which is why he had nothing with him. Yeah i'm sure he could look in catalogs if he hadn't lost those too although maybe somebody has been able to give him one. Haven't been able to talk to him in a couple days, so maybe he knows now. I'm glad everybody has a sense of humor. I have always enjoyed reading the troll tracking threads just don't happen to be one of them.
                      Last edited by frogdust; 09-22-2005, 01:19 PM.

Comment

www.galls.com ............... all the prices you will ever need

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4461 users online. 247 members and 4214 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X