Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special thanks to Bodie, Horne80, Brickcop and many others!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special thanks to Bodie, Horne80, Brickcop and many others!

Bodie, horne80, and Brickcop, I don't know how I could ever thank you guys. For those of you who may not be aware of my story you can read it here. http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33813

I want you guys to know I am forever in your debt, for your words of encouragement. I start the official hiring process with my town's PD this friday. I don't think I would've had any confidence of being hired without your advice.

I was given a second chance and will do my country proud this time around. My town also has a large Haitian population. Their sole Haitian Police officer left for the State Police Academy. I am the only candidate being interviewed that is fluent in Haitian creole. I think this might be it. Thanks again everyone, I'll keep you posted.

Good luck. Make them proud.

Comment

Good Luck. Work Safe. Go Home In The Same Shape You Arrived At Work In Everyday.

Comment

Thanks Bodie, I have a good feeling about this one. I have to be at the station by 0900 tomorrow to complete the application, get my picture taken, and get finger printed.

This is all surreal. I also had my first drill with my reserve unit this past weekend, and let me tell you, it felt damn good to be back in the field and in uniform. I stare at my military ID for at least 1 hour each day. I just can't believe I was given a second chance.

I make it a point to never forget that I went AWOL at one time. I strongly believe if you forget history you are doomed to repeat it. I volunteered to help out in my Battery's armory tomorrow and may have to go to the police station in military uniform. Would that be inappropriate?
        Last edited by IloveAmerica; 09-22-2005, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you. As far as reporting in Military uniform, it shows that you have pride in what you are doing. Good luck.
          Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
            I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you. As far as reporting in Military uniform, it shows that you have pride in what you are doing. Good luck.

Thanks, I always look for an excuse to wear my uniform. I think my recruiter's starting to get sick of hearing from me. I call him just about every day after work, asking if he wants me to go around local businesses requesting permission to place recruiting posters in their establishments. LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3001 users online. 159 members and 2842 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X