300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a background check?

Hi all... I'm sure this is an atypical question for these forums, but hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction.

I'm moving abroad in January and hoping to get a job working in a school in New Zealand. I've worked in schools before, but I doubt I'll be able to land a job working with kids if I don't have legal proof that I have no criminal record.

I live in California, by the way. Is there some state (or, even better, national) agency I can contact to get something like this? Any idea how much this will cost me and/or how long it will take to process?

Any replies appreciated!

Contact your state Administrative Office of the Courts (Dept of Justice,or other name). Kentucky offers this service for a fee through the AOC. You complete a form and send in the fee and you can get a criminal history in that state for anyone.
    The other possible option is to have a local police department fingerprint you on a blue employee card and send it in the the state AFIS agency. That is how the school systems here do their background checks.
    Good Luck.

Comment

Contact your local Sheriffs Office. They can run you state and federal.
      Good luck with your career and stay safe abroad.
      ..life is what it is...

Comment

[QUOTE=globetrotter] I live in California, by the way. Is there some state (or, even better, national) agency I can contact to get something like this? Any idea how much this will cost me and/or how long it will take to process?
        [QUOTE]

The procedures for California residents can be found at:

http://www.ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/security.htm

Good luck on your move.
        Last edited by L-1; 09-21-2005, 01:27 PM.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5418 users online. 301 members and 5117 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X