300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I protected?

I may be getting deployed to Iraq towards the end of this year or early next year. My unit is not being deployed, however I volunteered to go with another unit that is. Can the dept I'm interviewing with hold this against me?

I doubt they would hold that against you. However I also doubt they will hold a position for you if there are other qualified candidates available to fill the position.
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
      I doubt they would hold that against you. However I also doubt they will hold a position for you if there are other qualified candidates available to fill the position.

I heard those that have gone through the hiring proceess are given a deferment if their unit gets mobilized/deployed. I guess this doesn't apply to me because my unit did not get mobilized/deployed, I volunteered to go. Oh well, it's duty to country above all else as far as I'm concerned. I was given a second chance with the military, nothing short of death will keep from my obligations this time.

Comment

That is one thing I didn't think of. They will most likely let you continue with the hiring process where you left off when you return. Good luck to you, keep your head down and thanks for your service.
        Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

I posed the question directly to the agency I will be interviewing with. They said If I were to complete the process before I am deployed I would still be eligible for a deferment. I can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

Comment

Am I protected?

Glad you got the reply you did. Remember cover and concealment. Come back safely. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3908 users online. 180 members and 3728 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X