300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Background packet questions

Im doin the 40 page background packet for a dept that ***may*** be close to hiring me. They ask these questions that sorta strike me as odd. Are you expecting a child / to have children, if so when ??
    How many days have u missed in the past 12 months taking sick time, and why? Date and Venue of ur current marriage/performing authority Now in my case the answers are easy, NO and ZERO , but i think these questions are a little over the edge. I thought they were not allowed to ask that kinda stuff, esp about expecting kids, what could that possibly have to do with my background. Am I expecting kids... thats for my wife to decide with me , not my job

sounds like they are trying to find out if you are going to be asking off sick in the near future. Its not uncommon for depts. to dig into your background. Your not going for a greeter job at Wal-Mart. I'd just answer the questions and move on. As long as they don't ask you questions that discriminate, they're not doing anything illegal.

Good Luck!!
    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

AS I understand it asking the pregnancy question is illegal due to some odd Federal law. The sick leave thing is common.

Comment

seen applications asking questions about yr mother , father, brothers , uncles...who went to jail...who the hell they hiring...you or them.

my 2 applications were cut and dry about me...and thats it....

www.schackdaddy.com
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Oh this app asks all about every in-law you got, jail or not and their DOB SSN , and everything else. They dig pretty deep, as well as 3 essays at least 100 words , on Why u want to be a cop, you greatest strengths, and weaknesses. Also explaining gaps in employment, and any dings on your record. So i ended up writing about 5 essays Oh well onward and upward. No big deal on the kids n sick time questions. I answered em no prob. Just found it odd

Comment

kids and marriage questions are no no's, but everthing else you stated is legit, they ask about sick time, to see if you are always taking it, why hire someone that is hardly ever there, just an example.

Comment

somehow i have a feeling if u didn answer em, ur app would be fed into the industrial shredding machine. cause at 40 pages its a little too thick for ur standard 19.99 office max special. a 1/2 drunk deacon with a nystagmus prior to 45 degrees married us at noon on a saturday ..i hope that dont DQ me

Comment

Sounds like a REAL family oriented department f#@kers should be ashamed to ask such questions. Obviously not a civil service department..eh.
                Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

heh .. lets just hope they take me.. family or not.. or one of the other 2 puttin me thru hell right bout now ... check ur pm's 623

Comment

Odd background questions

As long as your drunk, cross-eyed Deacon can legally perform marriages in your state, the wedding sounds okay. Some background questions do seem a little bit "out of the ballpark". Sounds like you handled them okay. Good luck!!

Comment

One of our questions was did you ever think about killing your parents? Answers were yes no maybe sometimes. I was like what the hell so I talked with the administrator afterwards and he told me you would be suprised how many people answer yes.
                      "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Maybe they should invent a "future investigation packet" to investigate what you may be doin down the road.

Are you planning on having kids
                        Are you planning on getting divorced.
                        Do you plan on hating your in laws ... LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4283 users online. 241 members and 4042 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X