300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive Noise On Sundays??

My neighbor across the street decided two weeks ago to add another garage (apparently his other is not big enough) to the side of his house. For the last 2 weeks, the construction crew has been building for what seems to be hours on end. Thats fine. On Sunday (yesterday), i was awaken by the nail guns, hammers, drills, yelling, and big band 40's music at 8 in the morning. I know police often work Sundays but for alot of people its viewed as what I thought as a day of rest. Is it illegal to work so early in the morning with such noise on Sunday? I appreciate any answers.
    Smile and Wait for Flash

Originally posted by WILDWDTOUR
    My neighbor across the street decided two weeks ago to add another garage (apparently his other is not big enough) to the side of his house. For the last 2 weeks, the construction crew has been building for what seems to be hours on end. Thats fine. On Sunday (yesterday), i was awaken by the nail guns, hammers, drills, yelling, and big band 40's music at 8 in the morning. I know police often work Sundays but for alot of people its viewed as what I thought as a day of rest. Is it illegal to work so early in the morning with such noise on Sunday? I appreciate any answers.
    It is 8 in the morning, most people are at church at this hour. We are no longer living back in the good ole days when you where not supposed to work on Sunday, people have to make a living. So some of them will work on a Sunday to go so. Best way to avoid the sound bothering you is to go get a cheap pair of ear plugs.
    New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

Here it varies by city. The city I work in has an reg. noise ordinance and an ordinance against construction on Sundays.
      I don't know about where you live.

Comment

As already stated, it really comes down to a local municipal code. No state will have a law that blankets the state with a noise reduction clause. Call your local PDand ask them ifr there is any municipal code to the like.

If there is, the best approach would be to ask your neighbor to hold off the construction to a better hour. If you all get along, he would probably do it as not to stirr the pot. If he's a not so nice neighbor and tells you to fly a kite let him know there is a law that governs the noise issue and that you will call the cops. Thats about all you can do. If no local ordinance exists, then get the earplugs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5629 users online. 316 members and 5313 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X