300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange incident

This morning while preparing to go to work I heard my door bell ring. There was a police cruiser parked outside my house. I asked who it was, a police officer answered and asked If I was available. I started thinking uh oh, whenever the police come looking for you it is seldom good news.

I opened the door and said I was available. He told me his Captain asked him to stop by and collect my home and work tel# as part of the hiring process. Last week I signed the list stating I will accept employment with them if offered. Very odd, I thought I'd receive something in the mail. Oh well, at least they're showing some interest in me. Is this normal for some depts?

i have never seen anything other than by mail,,

Comment

Sounds like they were doing a "spot check." Kinda like an at home interview. Maybe they wanted to catch you off guard and see how you live.
      I wouldn't worry about it. They probably talked to your neighbors also. Im sure if they are knocking on your door, they are knocking on others.

Good luck!
      ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
        i have never seen anything other than by mail,,

Hmm....I hope it's a good sign. I don't if there is such a thing as Civil Service in your state but most depts here in Mass are Civil service. A Police exam is given usually once every 2-3 years. Depending on your score you're placed on a state wide eligibility list.

At the time of the exam you're asked to select up to 4 depts you're intereted in working for. Prefenrence is given to residents, veterans, and spouces/children of police officers, and fire fighters that died in the line of duty.

Now after taking the test if your name is high enough on the eligibility list, you are sent an interview card from one of the depts you selected, if there are any vacancies. They usually send cards to 3 candidates for every available position. I rank number 3 in my town and they are looking to hire 3 police officers. I too thought I'd be notified via mail.

Comment

no civ service here., texas is, but its different from your version,,

the only time ive ever heard of an officer coming to your house was for an in home interview,,as someone stated earlier.

bit i dunno. from how mass. works, it sounds like a good thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5443 users online. 293 members and 5150 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X