300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearm in vehicle.

What is the general protocal for transporting a rifle or two to a range and back? I ask this because most things I've seen say that a rifle has to be in a case in the trunk of your vehicle and I drive a Subaru Outback which doesn't really have a trunk. Basically I'm asking what do all you LEO's out there prefer. If they ask whats in the back of my vehicle and I explain that it is a rifle locked in a hard case as well as having a cable lock on the actual weapon itself, will I be ok? Thanks
    - GJD

I, personally wouldn't have a problem with that as long as it was unloaded. Having a station wagon without a seperate locking trunk, you're acting within the "spirit" or "color" of the law having it behind the back seat. You shouldn't have a problem.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    Ronald Reagan

Comment

Locked in the case with ammo stored away from weapon possibly in a seprate locked case. Do not leave car unattended while you runerrands and take directly to range and directly home and secure it properly at home.

Thefts of long guns from car is a problem.

Comment

Depends on what state you are in and the time of year...

Check... Packing.org
        "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

What about driving a truck?

I know here in Missouri the weapon has to be unloaded with ammunition not readily accessible or the weapon has to be not readily accessible. When I drove a car I always put firearms in the trunk and the ammunition in the passenger compartment, but now that I don't have a car I haven't decided what the best course of action is. Would the gun being in a locked case constitute being not readily accessible?

Comment

Not A Cop

Actually in the state of Missouri now with the ccw law u can carry a loaded gun in ur vehc. out of site. Scary thought but that was in the new law. sorry all not a cop just saw that and thought i would shed some light in on it.
            Wish I could get drunk after two beers

Comment

Firearm in the rear and ammo in the glovebox.

Comment

Originally posted by soontoberookie1
                Actually in the state of Missouri now with the ccw law u can carry a loaded gun in ur vehc. out of site. Scary thought but that was in the new law. sorry all not a cop just saw that and thought i would shed some light in on it.
                You're right, the law says a concealable firearm. I was under the impression that even if you had a rifle covered it was not considered to be a concealable firearm.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6066 users online. 324 members and 5742 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X