300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops and steroids-

I was reading the October Men's Health and there is an article about Police Officers and steroids-- Long story short it bascially says an estimated 20-25% of PO's are using steroids and its sort of a secretive subculture within the profession

What do you current LEO's think about this?
    Do you think that many are using steroids?
    Do depts sort of "overlook" this because they(steroids) arent considered as bad as coke/X etc?

Just curious as to your thoughts. Please save your "steroids are bad because blah blah blah" we all know the "risks" of steroids- I am just interested to see if you guys think that % is correct

I read the article as well and was surprised at the % provided.

I can understand why some officers would use steroids if they have to go hands on all the time. However, I guess I just haven't seen it in my career.

Now, some of the bouncers at the local bars...that's a different story.

Comment

Last edited by MAD_MAX333; 12-23-2005, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE
        I was reading the October Men's Health and there is an article about Police Officers and steroids-- Long story short it bascially says an estimated 20-25% of PO's are using steroids and its sort of a secretive subculture within the profession

What do you current LEO's think about this?
        Do you think that many are using steroids?
        Do depts sort of "overlook" this because they(steroids) arent considered as bad as coke/X etc?

Just curious as to your thoughts. Please save your "steroids are bad because blah blah blah" we all know the "risks" of steroids- I am just interested to see if you guys think that % is correct
        i dont know about exact numbers or %'s of officers using steroids, but i think most people would be in shock if they all admitted it at once,
        as to how depts. look at this, do they overlook it,,,well, cant speak for all, but i know of 3 agencies here in okla last year that "lost" 7 officers who were all "juicing" together..
        hope that helps.

Comment

I know that 75% of all statistics are made up on the spot 89% of the time!
          ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch
            I know that 75% of all statistics are made up on the spot 89% of the time!
            hahaha thats about a 100% correct assumption

Comment

If a dept. did drug screening for steroid or alcohol abuse management would probably have to put 1/2 the dept under investigation. Those 2 things are probably the worst things you'll find on a dept. but no one wants to do anything about it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5871 users online. 322 members and 5549 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X