X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Do I still have a chance?

Read, and re-read NCTroop14's post again, and again, until you fully understand it. It's the best advice you're going to get, and you should be grateful to him for taking the time to give it to you.

Leave a comment:

• scooterlee
    replied
    Im not saying I don't believe you. I just think no matter what, that your tarnished at your current location. The country is huge..there are lots of potential places you can go.

good luck

Leave a comment:

• TeayotaSoupra
    replied
    See I was thinking of just moving back to VA. but the thing is I know they will ask about BLET.. and I will tell them.. I just have to hope they will belive me..

And another part of me is afraid she'll do this to someone else. And it's not right!! Her snippy little aditude when she talked to me... god.. I would NEVER wish this upon anyone else.. ever.. It was bad enough having my graduation date being pushed back and the one job I wanted SO bad lost because of that.. but now.. yea...

I think VA might be better for me anyways. I'm use to the area and I like it.. cost of living is lower and the pay is the same. Not to mention the county is actually a police department and not sheriff.. So no being stuck in the jail (big fear..not where I want to be..)
    But after posting it here and seeing how many people doubt that i'm telling the truth. it just proves that if I just let this go.. MANY other people will doubt that i'm telling the truth..

Granted this will probably set me back a bit money wise.. but if I win I get my name cleared.. she wont be able to do this to anyone else.. and I wont feel so crappy! I've never been accused of disrespecting someone.. and that actually tears me up. Now if it was someone on the street complaining on me.. yea no biggy.. but this is someone "big"..

I'm so mixed up right now I can't even type right.. can't get out what i'm trying to say.. Hopefully i'll get back from Cali with a good plan and be able to let people see i'm NOT a bad person and I will be a great officer if actually given the chance and show that i'm not giving up.. even if I do have to move to cali (not my fav place..i'm a country girl)

Leave a comment:

• scooterlee
    replied
    That's a strange incident. To answer your initial question, I don't think it'll hurt your chances, but you may have a bad reputation in that area.

I dont know where your from, but around here, cops talk!! Cops talk alot! Im sure its the same everywhere.

My suggestion, if possible is to relocate somewhere where nobody knows your name and fulfill your dream! However, if you try again, keep in mind that over time the incident will disappear and somebody else will be in the spotlight. Again, Im not from your area, but if you can goto a different academy/college, that's what I'd do.

Its probably not going to be worth the stress and aggrevation in the long run.

good luck!

Leave a comment:

• nctroop14
    replied
    Well there has got to be another BLET program that will let you in. It's not like you were kicked out for doing drugs or a crime or anything like that. Talk to the agency that wanted you and see what they have to say about moving to another program. I believe you said you were in Alamance? If that is so there should be more alternatives. If it is really what you want, start digging around and making some phone calls.

Leave a comment:

• TeayotaSoupra
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterlee
    are you a female? and were you the only female in the class?
    Yes i'm female. There was one other female in the class but she's more .... I don't know how to say this in a nice way? She's not like me at all.. Her entire family in in law enforcement. And she has a very smart mouth...and also the leader of the talking behind peoples back thing. At least she doesn't favor people.. she talks about them all.

our BLET acted like a bunch of highschool kids. Well most of them.. not all. A few are going to be GREAT officers!!

edit- I don't think it has anything to do with me being female though.

Leave a comment:

• scooterlee
    replied
    are you a female? and were you the only female in the class?

Leave a comment:

• TeayotaSoupra
    replied
    Well the thing is I wouldn't be able to get in with this agenst me.

I see how you guys think i'm pointing fingers and all that. Belive me thats what I figure everyone will think. I'm never one to say someone is after me.. in all reality it was the captin who first said it.

Think about it. If you had a student who was disrespecting an instructor wouldn't you pull them in ASAP and do something about it? Why would you let more complaints build up? Why wait untill 3 weeks untill graduation when this program was almost 6 months long? Why would you let the guy who called you out in front of the class saying you were a lier and full of crap make up the class you kicked him out of but not the girl who said "yes ma'am, i'm sorry ma'am"??

I don't deny that I do cuss. I don't think I did that night? I really truly don't. When your depressed and quiet you normally don't just have outbursts of foul language.

How would you feel if you were already told you were "on the line" and this career field is the only thing in life you want to do? The only thing that seems to make you happy? would YOU screw around? Heck no!! You'd be like me and watch your every move!!!

NCTroop - HP is WAY different. We saw a video from one female troopers first day. wow! They do a toned down version of that in BLET. But we do say yes ma'am and sir.. and we come to attention everytime an officer is near us and we say good afternoon or whatever. I love it to tell you the truth. We had uniform inspections and all. I can't stand someone looking sloppy so that was great!
    And yes learned the hard way about not joking around with the instructors. The other femlae in class is a class one smart ***!! I mean most of it is pretty funny.. but she speaks out MUCH more than anyone else yet she's our "assistant class leader"
    It doesn't fit! I should have like... taped everything that happend in class

So yes, I need to do anything possible to at LEAST clear my name from this. If I was guilty of it belive me I wouldn't waist my money. but i'm not!! and I want to be a LEO!

Leave a comment:

• nctroop14
    replied
    Hmmm...sounds tough. From what I read, I would try and get into another BLET program somewhere else. It sounds like you have had nothing but problems with this specific program. If it something you really want to do, keep at it and keep trying. Here is some advice though:

1. DO NOT joke with your instructors!!!! Even if they smile at you or joke, do not joke back. Especially since you are a female...you joke and shmooze, you are going to get a bad rep.

2. Have some "military bearing". Meaning no cursing, laughing, joking. Keep it yes sir or yes ma'am. It isnt military boot camp, but it ain't the community college either. You are training to be a LEO and whether it is on the state or county level, every program usually incorporates some kinda of military style. You already stand out b/c you are considered a minority, don't draw unecessary attention to yourself by joking with instructors and getting tickets on your off-time. Everyone is entitled to a mistake, but be sure not to do it again.

3. I am not sure how they do it in BLET. I went through HP Training and it is real different. Take your training seriously, obviously try and be friendly, but keep the "jokin and smokin" until after the class. Study hard, do everything they ask of you, and stay beneath the radar. Cursing is part of LE. Instructors are going to curse, deal with it. Mind you, you are a student, so save the bad words until a rainy day.

If I were you, I would try and get into another program maybe in an adjoining county. Do the above, and you should have no problem getting through. It is not worth it to invest your time and money into a program that has it out for you. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• BrickCop
    replied
    My fellow LEO's-

Is it just me or does the tone of her post reflect the "it's not my fault/it's a conspiracy" lament we often hear?

IMO you have no shot at be hired. I cannot imagine any professionally run PD that would hire you over all other applicants who have a lot less baggage.

Leave a comment:

• TeayotaSoupra
    replied
    Me getting kicked out had nothing to do with a gun in my car. And he wasn't an ex at the time of this happening. He carrys his duty weapon just about everywhere. And if his shirt wont cover it up he leaves it in the car. It was an accident. But again, had nothing to do with why I was kicked out.

Supposably I was reported a FEW times to have disrespected my intructors. Well ONE time doing this would be enough to kick me out. She didn't even pull me aside to talk to me during this supposably first time I got reported.. I asked which officers I disrespected and she told me a few names. So I called them to tell them i'm sorry for anything I might have done that would have disrespected them, that in no way did I ever meen to.. Well the two officers I did get a hold of said they had no problems with me. That I was a good student.. One said he did make a comment that the entire class is young and immature (we were because he was joking around with us, naturally we joked back. I mean come on, when you tell one student he has DSLs.. lol) But he's a real cool teacher.

Ok so that was the first time she talked to me and warned me.. She also had me kicked out of one of the classes so there was no way I could graduate with my class. (there is a little bit more to that and I already posted it)

Well she let me go through half of the day on Sat..then when we got back to class to start our LAST block of instruction for the class.. She had me come into her office.. Apparently a few days ago a female who was not part of the program complaind that I offended her by my foul language... Yea no way. #1 there were only two females there that day. One was an officer and one was a woman there to take home her daughter that was a role player. The entire night I said little to nothing. I sat in the chair when I wasn't doing my pratical and I might have talked to the woman a few times about her daughter and kids these days. I know for a FACT I never had an outburst of bad language.. normally that takes getting me very worked up.

It's just odd nothing was said to me EVER untill a few weeks before we are to graduate. After the first thing was said to me I kept to myself and was just there to get my classes done and just graduate when I could.

I talked to my sponsoring agency and things are NOT going to be easy. But if I want to be a LEO i'm going to have to keep on with this situation.. I don't want to go into details but it's really going to suck

This is my dream.. This is all I can see myself doing. I'm not going to give up..
    This hurts so bad.. I have spent almost 6 months of my life putting everything i have into this. I've been cussed at by our "drill instructors" which they did this outside of the college around all the students and such.. Our teachers cussed with no issues.. another student can't tell someone to get down without throwing a FEW cuss words into the sentance. One of our guys told the drill instructor off and he even yelled at the director that she was lied and everything was BS.. Yet I get kicked out??? I HATE doing this and saying "he did this, she did that" but my god if it's the only way I can clear my name.. I'm going to do it.

It's sad it comes down to this.

Leave a comment:

• Soon2Be
    replied
    You are responsible for the contents in your vehicle ("care and control").

Why would you allow your ex to put his gun in your car? That's just bizarre. I wouldn't want anything to do with my exes - ESPECIALLY if they were packing heat!

You have a very uphill battle ahead of you. Taking your story at face value, and believing 100% everything you said, you STILL have a very uphill battle.

In the end, you should've known your vehicle's contents. It was a mistake on your part, but firearm safety is no joke, and they'll stick it to you.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    Originally posted by TeayotaSoupra
    I didn't lie about the firearm. I never had it on school campus.

My ex boyfriend put it in my car when we were out driving around. I don't keep up with his stuff and I had no idea it was still in my glovebox. :shruggs:

And how was I rude to someone calling me bro? I'm not one? How else should I have typed it?

I'm sorry?
    Ok, so now I'm confused. If you didn't get kicked out for having a gun in your car what did you get kicked out for?

Leave a comment:

• TeayotaSoupra
    replied
    I didn't lie about the firearm. I never had it on school campus.

My ex boyfriend put it in my car when we were out driving around. I don't keep up with his stuff and I had no idea it was still in my glovebox. :shruggs:

And how was I rude to someone calling me bro? I'm not one? How else should I have typed it?

I'm sorry?

Leave a comment:

• Crex4242
    replied
    Originally posted by TeayotaSoupra
    I can go to another school, i'll just have to retake the entire thing again. Or I can move back to VA and go to school there.
    Also i'm not a "bro".

I guess i'll just have to try to get my named cleared. If it doesn't work then I know I have other options I guess. Apparently asking online doesn't help since no one knows how I really am. The people who actually know me and take the time to talk to me know good and well all this was bs.

Just really sucks to put your all into something just to be kicked down by someone. I don't know why she chose me? Unless she or someone close to her reads these boards (I did have my name and location on here). Then I know why she did it.
    But as i've always said, nothing or no one will come between me and my dream of being a good officer.

There are two sides two every story and it seems like you have a bad attitude toward others with your response to the BRO thing. You said that you had no idea that there was a firearm in your glove box. hmmm how is that you drive the vehicle around and have no idea that there is a firearm.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3230 users online. 209 members and 3021 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X