Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it legal for civilians to carry handcuffs?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by spyderdude20
    So you're saying it takes training to know how to properly use handcuffs? It's only a matter of making sure they're not too tight on the person you handcuffed, and be sure they're double locked. I'm not trying to be a hero, but I am trying to protect myself, and cops cant be everywhere at the same time. Unless they have a gun to my head, I will fight back, I'm not gonna sit there and just yell help while I'm being beat down by an attacker. If I die trying to defend myself, so be it, but I don't give up without a fight. If I have a gun to my head I will tell the attacker to go ahead and pull the trigger. Is it illegal for people to defend themselves now? If I wanted to play "Mr. Hero", I will become a cop, but for now I want to defend myself and at least try to keep the subject from getting away. I'm not lookin to protect anyone other than myself. Like I said if I wanna do that I'll become a law enforcement officer.
    With that attitude, you aren't going to last in any branch of the military. Your recruiter must have been desperate for recruits.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by spyderdude20
      So you're saying it takes training to know how to properly use handcuffs? It's only a matter of making sure they're not too tight on the person you handcuffed, and be sure they're double locked. I'm not trying to be a hero, but I am trying to protect myself, and cops cant be everywhere at the same time. Unless they have a gun to my head, I will fight back, I'm not gonna sit there and just yell help while I'm being beat down by an attacker. If I die trying to defend myself, so be it, but I don't give up without a fight. If I have a gun to my head I will tell the attacker to go ahead and pull the trigger. Is it illegal for people to defend themselves now? If I wanted to play "Mr. Hero", I will become a cop, but for now I want to defend myself and at least try to keep the subject from getting away. I'm not lookin to protect anyone other than myself. Like I said if I wanna do that I'll become a law enforcement officer.
      What are you, like 12?

      Why not just put on a uniform and call yourself some kind of PO-Lice but without a firearm to back it up? Make sure that you walk around in the Ghetto with it on for a few hours, since you are so mesmerised by "defending yourself". I verily suspect you would be happy for them to get away.

      And yeah, handcuffs ARE that simple, since you know all about them. That must be why we had several 3 hour blocks of instruction on speedcuffing, etc., back in 1982 and we had to do it to each other daily despite our wrists in a severe state of discomfort from wrist drags and incompetent partners. My whole Basic Class, including me were knuckle draggers whose class theme song was "DOITY DOITY DOITY DO, WE BE GWANNA HOITY YOU".

      Put down the Playstation controller and read a book. Real life is scarier than your Ethernet world.
      Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
      --------------------------------------------------
      Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
      --------------------------------------------------
      Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

      Comment


      • #18
        Consider this if you do "subdue" an attacker and it turns out you could have walked away or were the agressor and you apply handcuffs you just restrained somone against their will and can be charged with a felony count of kidnapping.

        Comment


        • #19
          Yep, false arrest and false imprisonment convictions and you can forget about being a school crossing guard, (no offense to those who are) let alone a LEO career.

          Comment


          • #20
            Is it illegal for a civilian to carry handcuffs?

            In Alabama it would not be illegal. But, I"ll ask you the same question everyone else has. Why do you want to?

            Comment


            • #21
              Met an old man that told me he was doing 25 to life because he caught some young guy trying to mess iwth his wife. The old man said he had a gun pointed at the punks head and the idiot said go ahead a shoot.

              Hence the 25 to life.

              I'll make a bet. Bring your more then slightly ignorant civilian rear to Ohio and put your handcuffs in your back pocket. I am going to detain you and ask you a lot of questions and then place you under arrest for possession of crimnal tools. They can be used to kidnap and rape. Hence in the possession of a civlian they are a criminal tool. Will it stick ? Would you care to risk that.

              Even if it doesn't you are now in the system and we can see if you fit the description of suspects in any sex crimes nationwide where handcuffs have been used.

              Yeah go ahead and carry then IDIOT.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by irishlad2nv
                First off, not being trained properly on using Handcuffs os your first mistake. Second, in most states including Alaska, it has to be a FELONY before you can make a citizens arrest...
                Actually, a citizen in Alaska can make an arrest for a felony committed out of his/her presence or a misdemeanor committed in his/her presence. There's very little difference in arrest powers for a citizen or a cop.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Pretty much anywhere ACTUALLY a citizen can make an "ARREST" for a felony in progress but do you really want them doing that and carrying handcuffs and deciding what is a felony and what is not ????

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Bodie
                    Pretty much anywhere ACTUALLY a citizen can make an "ARREST" for a felony in progress but do you really want them doing that and carrying handcuffs and deciding what is a felony and what is not ????
                    Of course not. How did you read into what I said and come up with that?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      He should carry a pair, that way the cop who arrests him will not have to use his own.

                      This guy must be one of Gall's Top Ten customers.

                      BTW this is one of the goofiest posts I have seen in my 5 years on O.com... What's next cruising the neighborhood in his self made marked CV w/blue lights?
                      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        dumb

                        dated material
                        Last edited by nypdauxsgt; 12-12-2005, 12:14 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BrickCop
                          ... What's next cruising the neighborhood in his self made marked CV w/blue lights?
                          I can hear it now:
                          "Your car is ILLEGALLY parked on the wrong side of the street for a Monday. Move your car in the name of "Spiderdude P.D." blaring from the 10 inch PA horn mounted to the roof of his 1972 Dodge Polara with the rusted out wheel wells, trunk, and floorboards right beside his $3.00 magnetic bubblegum machine that he found at Spencers in the same isle as the spray can-o-farts.
                          Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I just can't figure out why he would want to carry cuffs anyway... Usually when you go to cuff someone they're fighting like hell and even a small guy can take several officers to get them down and cuffed... It isn't very often you go to cuff someone and they just give you their hands and let you cuff them.. and that is a Uniformed Officer cuffing them... I know what I would do if some average joe blow came up and tried to put cuffs on me... too many hours of defensive tactics classes on handcuffing and cuffing combative subjects.... used to love to act the part of the combative subject during training

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Man! You guys just flame flame flame , grown Police Officers and people that say they are Police Officers flaming like little boys. **** ,the guys asks a question cause thats what the forum is about. If it wasnt for "wannabe" and other people their would be 50% less activity on the forum and 50% less police officers. Everyone has to start somewhere, a wannabe turns into a great police officer. That one guy that said that he would arrest the person for having handcuffs in his pocket for being in possession of "criminal tools" . BS. I could tie your *** up with tooth floss , r u gonne arrest me for carrying that. I can use my belt to tie up and rape a victim , are you gonne make people stop wearing belts? Anwser the kids question politly and show respect and you will get it back. The only reason this post has come back up is because i was researching the same question for a friend. I am shocked by the amount of **** that was posted, and am glad I dont see these people on the forums much now.
                              Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by NSAPoland
                                Man! You guys just flame flame flame , grown Police Officers and people that say they are Police Officers flaming like little boys. **** ,the guys asks a question cause thats what the forum is about. If it wasnt for "wannabe" and other people their would be 50% less activity on the forum and 50% less police officers. Everyone has to start somewhere, a wannabe turns into a great police officer. That one guy that said that he would arrest the person for having handcuffs in his pocket for being in possession of "criminal tools" . BS. I could tie your *** up with tooth floss , r u gonne arrest me for carrying that. I can use my belt to tie up and rape a victim , are you gonne make people stop wearing belts? Anwser the kids question politly and show respect and you will get it back. The only reason this post has come back up is because i was researching the same question for a friend. I am shocked by the amount of **** that was posted, and am glad I dont see these people on the forums much now.

                                Ummmmm.....this thread has been dead for almost 9 months....why bring it up other than to stir the pot.......? And that's what your doing with all your smartass comments....

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3091 users online. 208 members and 2883 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X