300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing CCW age

We were discussing this last night both during briefing and at our meeting... How do you feel if they changed the conceal and carry law to 18, but make the qualifiction harder, such as passing with a score of 95% now? But when you turn the age it normally would be in your state it would still be the same as before? Now before the shtf, I just wanted to see what yall think fo this, imho I dont want it to happen, to much of a liability, but wanted to see what other think, please.... be nice
    Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Can't buy a handgun or handgun ammo until 21 so that would have to change too. Best left at 21 so as not to stir the anti gun fires any further.

Comment

Indiana

Originally posted by Bodie
      Can't buy a handgun or handgun ammo until 21 so that would have to change too. Best left at 21 so as not to stir the anti gun fires any further.
      Here, you can get a gun permit at 18 but you cant buy a gun or ammo until you are 21. Go figure...

Comment

I would'nt mind if they changed the permit age to 30. To many thugs with permits as it is now.
        Work smarter not harder!

Comment

It amazes me how many police officers say this all the time. This is not true. This is a FEDERAL law that states no one under 21 can buy a handgun from a FFL dealer. Nothing in that law prevents anyone under 21 from posessing a handgun OR purchasing one from a private person if the state allows it. Even NJ with our horrendous gun laws allows you to own a handgun at 18.

Comment

So you are suggesting any 18 yr old kid buy a gun off the street and tuck it in his baggy pants and carry it with a permit if that were possible ??
            Most guns I have owned were bought private sale and not through an FFL dealer.

It's good there is a FEDERAL Law that keeps 18 yr olds from buying guns. It is also illegal to sell a gun to an 18 yr old that is not a law enforcement officer in Ohio.

Comment

So you are suggesting any 18 yr old kid buy a gun off the street and tuck it in his baggy pants and carry it with a permit if that were possible ??
              How did you get a suggestion out of what I said? I simply stated what the LAW is. That would be that in a lot of states there is nothing preventing an 18 year old from owning or buying a handgun from a private party. That does not mean "buy a gun off the street and stick it in your baggy pants".

Comment

There is no law that keeps anybody from buying anything "off paper"

Comment

There is no law that keeps anybody from buying anything "off paper"
                  Again, you are making assumptions and putting words in my mouth. First of all most states buying a gun from a private party "off paper" as you say is perfectly legal. Secondly in NJ where EVERY transaction must be "ON paper" through a permit to purchase a handgun, it is STILL legal for an 18 year old to buy a handgun from a private person.

Comment

50 States 50 Possible Way sto do things.
                    That's why it's so tough to agree or come up with a mutual answer.

Comment

50 States 50 Possible Way sto do things.
                      That's why it's so tough to agree or come up with a mutual answer.
                      Agreed, which is why it bugs me when someone always manages to say that no one under 21 can buy a handgun or ammo, which as I pointed out is not always the case.

Comment

I think you are missing a bigger issue. A good friend of mine was on the group that wrote the Arizona concealed carry law. Their criteria was the 85 year old woman in a wheelchair. She needs a gun for personal protection more than almost any 18 year old. If you make the qualification tougher, the weak, infrim, and elderly, those who most need an 'equalizer', will not qualify to carry one.
                        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                        John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5792 users online. 332 members and 5460 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X