300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Question

Does anyone remember that video a few years ago that showed a South Carolina state
    trooper using excessive force on an african-american woman he was arresting? Do you
    think he was right or wrong given the circumstances?
    "You are under arrest. Turn around and put your
    hands behind your head."

We don't take serious questions here.
    Black or White are you trying to make it a race issue because we definately don't do that here ?

Comment

You would have to post a link to the video for officers to give you thier opinion of the situation. Are you positive the force used was "excessive"? That really seems like a leading question. Excessive force is never appropriate, but applying the appropriate level of force to gain control of a situation is not excessive. As Bodie pointed out, the race of the persons involved in not important to the issue. Race is not a factor in determining the level of force used.
      No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Was that the video where he tried to stop the car for several miles and she refused to pullover? Her claim was she didn't believe he was a "real cop" because his car was not ,marked and he had grill & dash lights rather than overheads.

Then he tried to order her out of the car (this time he was clearly visible in full uniform and unmistakable as a law enforcement officer) she refused to comply and get out of the car.

This could be the totally wrong video but it's all I can think of. You did actually watch the video didn't you? Could anyone tell the race of the driver of the fleeing car before he got up there to order her out? Why do people want to say race is a factor all the time.

If we are talking about the same video I will admit I think he totally lost his cool and was yelling and screaming at her. Should he have been more calm and professional, sure. But it's easy to armchair quarterback something after the fact. He did not know what he had, other than someone refusing to comply with his lawful attempts to conduct a traffic stop.

Adrenaline is a POWERFUL thing when it is flowing through your system. When you are in essentially a pursuit you are wondering if this person is going to run on foot, shoot at you, hurt someone else. You get pretty pumped, you don't know what they did to make them not want to stop. Would I have ordered that driver out of the car and detained them until I knew why they refused to stop and I confirmed they weren't wanted and/or dangerous. HELL YES!!

Comment

If I remember correctly, that Officer was fired for that incident..
          ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

I guarantee you that if someone in my county was to not stop for one of our unmarked slicktop traffic cars, we would consider it a high risk traffic stop.
            Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Ok lets see , a car is attempted to be stopped by a police car by activating its lights and sirens. The car only stops after a short pursuit. This is an example of ......

A high risk stop..

If ur in an ohio police academy ya may wanna remember that i swore i saw it somewhere

that answers ur question here

Comment

I just wanted honest answers. Don't think I am anti-LE.
                "You are under arrest. Turn around and put your
                hands behind your head."

Comment

It made national news. The cop was out of control.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6759 users online. 386 members and 6373 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X