300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse my ignorance but...what the

hell are Shrooms? Mushrooms? Is it some kind of drug slang? Seriously, how do you "do" shrooms.

Again, sorry for the ignorance. I have never heard or seen anything about them.
    Be a leader, not a follower

They are exactly what they sound like, mushrooms. They produce a mild hallucenogenic effect and are commonly found in the NW in cow pies.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Mushrooms, a kind of fungus, come in many varieties. From those on a pizza to those in spaghetti sauce, mushrooms enhance our cuisine and flavor our lives. But not all mushrooms are so harmless. Some contain toxic and/or hallucinogenic compounds. Hallucinogens are substances that alter or produce false perceptions of sight, sound, taste, smell or touch. Some toxic substances in mushrooms can cause severe illness and even death. Most hallucinogenic substances, including synthetic ones such as LSD, are illegal.

Different types:
      1. Psilocybin/Psilocin Mushrooms: Mushrooms that contain the hallucinogens psilocybin and/or psilocin belong mainly to the genera: Psilocybe, Stropharia, Conocybe, and Panaeolus. The word "psilocybin" comes from the Greek words "psilo" meaning "bald" and "cybe" meaning "head." Some specific mushrooms containing psilocybin and/or psilocin include Psilocybe mexicana, Stropharia cubensis, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe pelliculosa, Panaeolus subbalteatus, Psilocybe cyanescens, Psilocybe baeocystis.
      2. Amanita muscaria: The Amanita muscaria mushroom is also known as "fly agaric" because of its ability to attract and kill flies. The Amanita muscaria does not contain psilocybin or psilocin. Rather, the hallucinogenic chemicals this mushroom contain are muscimol and ibotenic acid. The fly agaric is related to other deadly mushrooms: the Amanita virosa (the "Destroying Angel"); Amanita verna and Amanita phalloides (the "Death Cap"). These deadly mushrooms contain toxins that destroy cells in the liver and kidneys. Five to 24 hours after eating one of these toxic mushrooms people may become sick with nausea and stomach problems. Later, severe liver and kidney damage may occur.

Effects on Behavior:
      Psilocybin/Psilocin Mushrooms
      Both psilocybin and psyilocin produce yawning, inability to concentrate, restlessness, increased heart rate, and hallucinations (visual and auditory). These symptoms may appear 30 to 60 minutes after the mushroom is eaten and can last about four hours.

Amanita muscaria
      Amanita muscaria contains muscimol that produces feelings of euphoria, hallucinations, muscle jerks, drowsiness, sweating, pupil dilation, and increased body temperature. Symptoms appear 30 to 90 minutes after eating this mushroom and are most intense after two or three hours. People who eat these mushrooms usually fall into a deep sleep. Some people describe the effects of eating Amanita muscaria as similar to being intoxicated by alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by trpr2b
        hell are Shrooms? Mushrooms? Is it some kind of drug slang? Seriously, how do you "do" shrooms.
        Its basically an escape for people with no life worth witnessing first hand.
        What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

i cant remember what they are called, but have any of you heard about those little spiky ball things that grow on a bush, if you eat a seed, which looks llike a jalopeno pepper seed, they will #$^&$#&&# you up,,, there is a web sit for them, but i cant member what they are called,,,we had a high school kid that ate one,,,man alive,,,holly **** was he messed up,,,i think they are called something like devils something or other,,, anyway, as of last year they were not illegal to possess, so all we could charge was pi..

Comment

I'd like to hear more about these, but maybe you should PM it to me instead of posting it for all the kids to see. Can you possibly give me a clue on the nystagmus, pupil dialation, ect.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3991 users online. 225 members and 3766 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X