300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I just graduated from College and I will be applying to several departments around the LA area. My question is when I was 16 years old I was caught drinking at a park with a few of my friends. The officers took us back to the station and wrote as a ticket. My parents and I attended court and I was given 300 hours of community service. I learned my lesson and it never happened again. My question is, many departments ask if you have ever been commited of a crime? will this be consider one and if not do I have to disclose this incident at any part of the process?
    Thank you

Yes, you'll have to disclose it. No, I wouldn't worry about it if you learned your lesson. Start studying up at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicpolice/ where I keep all my files.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Hide nothing. Tell the truth and let the cards fall where they fall. This is not at all something that will keep you from being hired, but lying or intentionally omitting something is.

This job is about trust, and if they can't trust you, they won't hire you. None of us are angels but you have to be truthful. Your credability is sometimes all you have to stand on, so don't jeapordize that now.
      Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by jessiangel22
        I just graduated from College and I will be applying to several departments around the LA area. My question is when I was 16 years old I was caught drinking at a park with a few of my friends. The officers took us back to the station and wrote as a ticket. My parents and I attended court and I was given 300 hours of community service. I learned my lesson and it never happened again. My question is, many departments ask if you have ever been commited of a crime? will this be consider one and if not do I have to disclose this incident at any part of the process?
        Thank you
        Yes it would be considered crime since you had to appear before the magistrate. So don't try to omit anything, one of questions they ask on Police Application to LIST all citations you have received up til this point.

Comment

But is it consider a crime?

Comment

But is it consider a crime?
            Underage drinking..caught by Police Officer..equals...C R I M E! But it varies how each department looks at it.

Comment

I just committed a stupid mistake a post it my question a few minutes ago while I was finishing up with one of the applications on line. I have been dragging on this application for quite some time and send it 2 minutes before your responses. So, in the question about committing a crime I answer no. Am i in troble now? what can I do?

Comment

I just committed a stupid mistake a post it my question a few minutes ago while I was finishing up with one of the applications on line. I have been dragging on this application for quite some time and send it 2 minutes before your responses. So, in the question about committing a crime I answer no. Am i in troble now? what can I do?
                Okay you were caught drinking underage, officer took YOU back to station, wrote ticket, in my state thats COMMITTING a crime. So you need to disclose that. No matter how stupid mistake is, they HAVE to be ABLE to see THAT you are HONEST with them.

Comment

When it's time to fill out your background information tell the investigator that you were unsure whether it was a crime or not, but that you wanted to make sure that you were honest about everything so you are disclosing this.

You DID commit a crime, albeit a minor one. The community service you got would be call "diversion" here in Va, meaning that instead of formally punishing you, the charge was "diverted" in the hopes that you would "learn your lesson". This is what is commonly done for juvs with no prior history.
                  Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Tell your BI you didn't think it WAS an arrest because of the "diversion" but in researching it further you found out it IS/WAS a crime & you wanted to clear that up with the Dept. Personally I don't see how a college graduate can think being taken to a station by the police,going to court,paying fines & doing community service isn't being convicted of anything..but that's just me. If I was your BI I wouldn't rule you out, but you & I would have a loooooong talk about this whole topic

Comment

Thank you for the information, but from now on when I fill an application whatshould I do? Meaning do I have to put yes I did commit a crime or disclose it in the background investigation. I want to be honest all the way I have nothing to hide, but I also dont want anyone to think i am a liar, putting different information in each application.
                      I would appreciate your info.

Comment

Thank you for the information, but from now on when I fill an application whatshould I do? Meaning do I have to put yes I did commit a crime or disclose it in the background investigation. I want to be honest all the way I have nothing to hide, but I also dont want anyone to think i am a liar, putting different information in each application.
                        I would appreciate your info.

Okay...This is pointless... Obviously you won't read part where each one of us told you to say YES.

Comment

VERY SIMPLE! [B]YES,YES, Yes! A THOUSANDS TIMES YES![I]YOU WERE ARRESTED!

Comment

B&P code 25662a in California, Minor in possession of an alcoholic beverage-<21yo who has any alcoholic beverage in his possession on any street or hwy or in any public place or in any place open to the public-Misdemeanor
                            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Why would you send in an application before you found out the answer? Call the department NOW and tell them you screwed up your application before it gets to anyones desk. Note the names of who you talk to and keep records of everything. Look over my notes from the academy and see if you might have commited any other crimes that you don't know about. No, MIP is not the worst crime in the world but lying by ommision will get you black balled.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3994 users online. 248 members and 3746 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X