Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazines/Books for Cops

Hello,
    I'm a bit of a nerd, in that I enjoy a good book and I like to read mazagines on various topics. I figure I'm just one person, so I can only benefit from reading the opinions and speculations of others. I see these magazines like SWAT, Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, Police and Law and Order. Are these magazines legit? Or are the editors cashing in on the "tactical" craze? Are there magazines that discuss tactics, gear, weapons, policies, and so forth? Also, I've seen books like "Street Cop" and other similar titles that promise a glimpse into the life of a beat Cop. What are some good "Cop" books? Thanks for any thoughts on this.

my suggestions:

"police" magazine
    "law and order" magazine
    "american police beat"
    "police chief" magazine

these are what I subscribe to and they seem to have legit everyday issues covered.

Good luck!
    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Thanks, all. Have you seen this new magazine by the American Handgunner people, called American Cop? Seems like it's going to be a good thing, as it's written by sworn LE personnel.

Comment

Does anyone know the web address for a west coast LEO newspaper?? I think it's called 24/7 or something to that effect.

Anyone heard of it??

Comment

Originally posted by USMCLeadsled
          Hello,
          I'm a bit of a nerd, in that I enjoy a good book and I like to read mazagines on various topics. I figure I'm just one person, so I can only benefit from reading the opinions and speculations of others. I see these magazines like SWAT, Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, Police and Law and Order. Are these magazines legit? Or are the editors cashing in on the "tactical" craze? Are there magazines that discuss tactics, gear, weapons, policies, and so forth? Also, I've seen books like "Street Cop" and other similar titles that promise a glimpse into the life of a beat Cop. What are some good "Cop" books? Thanks for any thoughts on this.
          I finished the book "Blue Blood" a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty good. It was written by Edward Conlon, a Harvard educated detective in the NYPD. It's not a tactical book or anything like that, but it does have some interesting insights about running drug surveillance in a large city and making the arrests. I also like to read books, mostly biographies, about the Italian mafia. It's not exactly "law enforcement" material, but I consider it the same category. If you check out most book stores, or bn.com, amazon.com, etc. most will have a "True Crime" section. I'm not sure where to find law enforcement magazines. Most bookstores don't carry them, but you can probably get a subscription online.

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
            Does anyone know the web address for a west coast LEO newspaper?? I think it's called 24/7 or something to that effect.
            There is a tabloid-size public safety newspaper published out of British Columbia, Canada, called 24 Seven. I don't have a web site for them, but their editor is Steve Gibson at [email protected].
            Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4359 users online. 241 members and 4118 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X