300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingsman
    I didn't realize this was such a secret! I mean, you can watch COPS! and see how any variety of police do it. Obviously not every agency does it the same way.

In fact, watching some officer cuff on the show makes me worried about how they ever passed their handcuff training.

But then, I also wonder about what they thought they heard when a suspect is talking to them, or how they think they are going to get a suspects arm to go behind his back yanking on it THAT! way. Some joints just don't bend in certain directions.
    Ok,we broke your stones a little, but seriously, we train for situations and retrain when the techniques are no longer relavent or become ineffective. Usually, the reason they become ineffective is because the bad guys have learned how to defeat it.You're right, it's no big secret, but the shelf life of a technique gets reduced every time we explain how we do things. Thats why we have issues when the media wants to know all of the tiniest details of what we do and why. It becomes a blueprint for criminals to find weaknesses they can exploit. Make sense?
    Jerry
    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4066 users online. 251 members and 3815 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X