This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help.. facing jail...

Hello. About a 2 years ago I was being an idiot and got into an accident in which in which i was convicted of Reckless Driving.. I am not facing Reckless driving again. i was doing 88 in a 55, the limit for reckless driving is 86 or above... i have a suspended jail period of 2 years... i cant and wont argue my innocence of speeding.. i am guilty as charged, but i was sustaining a speed of 85 max knowing i could go more then that... in retrospect i should have gone even slower but i justified it to myself that it was midnight and there weren't to many cars that i was endangering (except myself) by traveling at that rate of speed. I know that you guys arnt here to get people out of trouble... but im a full time student, full time worker, and avid volunteer in the community.. when i walked in to speak with the prosecuter he told me he would drop it to speeding, then looked and my record and took it back... The method was laser... i hear those guns are extremely accurate (+ or - 1mph)... please help me im afraid i ruined my life... my speedometer could be wrong? if so would that even matter? id even pay for advice if you guys can help me out. i know this forum isnt "ask a lawyer" but i apreciate your input and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Obtain the services of a lawyer, immediately.
    "I only had a couple!"

Comment

thats it?... iv been saving but its hard to afford

Comment

Let me get this straight......... You go out driving at speeds WELL over the legal speed limit, wreck, and come to a Police website in an attempt to find some type of loophole? HEHE, you may have better luck at www.defenseattorney.com
        Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

you may not want to hear this, but you need to suck it up and take you lumps, you were given a break and you did not heed the warning that you were graciously given,,

Comment

a break? a judge wanted to prove a point and put me in jail for crashing my own car that i paid for with my own money.. and now id go to jail for 2 years for speeding... i wasnt asking for a loop hole, just know cops make mistakes and so do their laser guns... thanks alot hero's

Comment

hey you bet,,anytime, glad to help,

Comment

Glad we could help.......and some free advice .... SLOW DOWN
                Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by NPD21
                  Glad we could help.......and some free advice .... SLOW DOWN
                  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.. hold on there partner,,re read is post,,he said he would pay for advice,,, how much per hour do you think is fair??????????????????

Comment

lol...this can't be real. I apologize for the laughter really. But what did you expect to hear from police officers. You were doing 33 over the posted speed limit. Not 10, 15 but 33 that's alot. Find a good lawyer is all the advice one can give you.
                    Your life is an open book, what message are you giving the readers.

Comment

Originally posted by IronKing
                      lol...this can't be real. I apologize for the laughter really. But what did you expect to hear from police officers. You were doing 33 over the posted speed limit. Not 10, 15 but 33 that's alot. Find a good lawyer is all the advice one can give you.
                      are you laughing for funnyness, or joy (cause of the obvious job security)

Comment

we'll see about next time thanks for the advice and keep up the good work...
                        drugs are up but speeding is down nationwide... Great job.. and it was only 2 mph over the reckless driving limit..

Comment

well, if you are only one tenth a point over the limit for dui,,,you are still drunk,,,

Comment

theres less margin of error in that... but with all the variable that can go into accuracy of laser along with tragectory and the possibilty of the speedo being wrong.. again i wasnt pleeding innocence, but i have to be proven without doubt that i am guilty and i was just asking if lasers are 100% correct. and if my speedo is off , does it help. If i in fact was going over 86 then i should be in jail, law is law right? but is that 100% a fact... if not i shouldnt be guilty

Comment

yes, if lasers and radars are properly maintained, they are effective, could your speedometer be off, yes,, but that does not negat the fact that you were speeding, if you are driving, then you are the captain of your ship and you are responsible for making sure that it is all in proper working order. if you put over sized tires on your car or truck that will change the speedometer, but it doesnt matter, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBLITY,
                              on a side note, i was a full time officer for 4yrs, had several different radar units, NOT ONE OF THEM was off,,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3997 users online. 202 members and 3795 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X