300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thin Blue Line

Okay, I've heard several generic and "sketchy" answers to this, but can somebody please give me a definition of what "The Thin Blue Line" really means to you?
    "Without love, I should be spiritless." ~Francois Maynard~
    "And these nights I get high just from breathing when I lie here with you." ~Author Unknown~
    "Do I miss you, or am I lying to myself again" ~Journey~

ITS what separates us from them.

Kinda hard to explain, but police work is a brotherhood. We have to stick together NO MATTER WHAT!!
    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterlee
      ITS what separates us from them.

Kinda hard to explain, but police work is a brotherhood. We have to stick together NO MATTER WHAT!!
      ditto.....

Comment

In most cities in North America, there is one police officer for anywhere from 1000-10000 civilians. In some areas, that one officer may have to patrol 100's of miles alone. As the responsibility increases on the officer, the public demand for protection also increases. It would be maddening for most people to comprehend the job that law enforcement does, but still, we respond in a courageous, professional manner. I've heard many people say that they wouldn't do this job for any amount of money. Others say they don't pay us enough to do what we do. Still others are quick to point out that the police are never around when you need them, but always around when you commit some tiny infraction. Outnumbered, underappreciated and overworked.

I generally don't think in terms of "us vs. them," but the reality is this: there is a thin blue line that seperates good from evil, order from chaos and safety from fear. Those are the brothers and sisters on the job.
        Jerry
        "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Civilians HERE COPS Here Criminals Here

Few Cops millions of civilans Thousands of Criminals

Comment

I like Jerry's answer about what seperates the good vs. the bad. It is a Thin Blue line. Blue obviously in reference to 'the boys in blue' and being that it is sometimes just a small thin thing that seperates good from bad.
            I got nothing for now

Comment

For Me It Means Take Care Of Each Other On The Street Even If You Dont Like The People You Work With. They Want To Go Home To. Only We Can Get Each Other Home Each Night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                Civilians HERE COPS Here Criminals Here

Few Cops millions of civilans Thousands of Criminals

Civilians
                COPS
                Criminals

Comment

Originally posted by blag
                  For Me It Means Take Care Of Each Other On The Street Even If You Dont Like The People You Work With. They Want To Go Home To. Only We Can Get Each Other Home Each Night.
                  Agree with that 100%.
                  "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

There has got to be about 1,249 threads about this topic. Do a search on it and you'll be reading for months. I think the thin blue line means something different to everyone. It does separate "us" from "them." The fact is, we are the largest "gang" in America and I'm damn proud to be apart of it. I look out for my "family" just like any other gang does.
                    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

I would tell you, but then I would have to kill you!!!!
                      Nate The Cop

Be forwarned the content on this site is Politically Incorrect and may be deemed immature and offensive to bleeding heart liberal ****** bags

Comment

Its the brother hood of peacer officers.

i like the one i just read

Us- here
                        Civilians - there
                        Criminals - here
                        Go ahead and run! My dog is hungry!

Comment

See my signature.

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                          between you
                          and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5625 users online. 321 members and 5304 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X