300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral board is over, What i experienced

Well i interviewed with The Chief, the exec LT, and a civillian from community relations.. What i got, It was about an hour of panel type questioning . Ranging from how do you deal with stress, and the possibility of being hurt, to these scenarios, 1. you come across a deer strike and there is a crowd of people. 3 or 4 of them are animal activists, causing commotion in the middle of the crowded street. Wanting you to not kill the deer, backup is 10 mins away.. 2. A co worker is causing friction because he does not want to work any late shifts, how do you deal with it. And the rest of the regular questions.. One question i did find odd, and want opinions was "have you ever found it necessary to break dept policy, if so where and when. " My honest answer is NO, i really cant think of any time i have. I did have to fill out a supplemental application where they asked about any arrests in the past 10 yrs, not just felonys, so i had to come clean bout my petty theft in 1997. Even though there is no record of it because prints were never taken. and a CCH and FBI background check shows no record of it.. So what are ur thoughts, they seemed genuinly impressed. But i just dont know anymore

Aux

How did you answer the questions??? The scenerio's????

Comment

Answer to the deer strike question, was to de escalate the situation, and most of all get the angry people out of the center of the road. It did not escalate up as far as i thought. I said i would remind them that an animal is hurt in a traffic lane, and that peoples lives could ultimatley be in danger. I would not escalate the situation, except maybe to mention that if they did not disperse , they may be subject to misconduct at an emergency, but first and foremost get them out of the road. Second , I said i would ask the co worker that as a friend if there was anything i could do to help him, with his problem, and offer to take some of the hours if it was ok'd by the Lt. I felt a person being corrossive to the morale of the police dept has to be dealt with swiftly, because lives are on the line at any given second. They seemed impressed with my answeres. At least i think

Comment

Oral board-what I experienced

You're now experiencing the hardest part of the Oral Board: Waiting. Many agencies give you the results almost immediately. I don't want to make any predictions.

Comment

wanna give me ur opinion on my answers.. One last thing i forgot to mention, they asked a question along the lines of ever having to break department policy or procedure, in my current auxiliary status, or at my current full time job, or have i ever broken policy, and how did i deal with it. My answer was and honestly is i have NEVER broken dept policy as an auxiliary or in my current govt job. and thats the gods honest truth. Do you think that was the right answer. I really could not think of a situation where i directly disobeyed an order, or a rule set forth by a person in charge.

Comment

You're repeating yourself.

"One question i did find odd, and want opinions was "have you ever found it necessary to break dept policy, if so where and when. " My honest answer is NO, i really cant think of any time i have. I did have to fill out a supplemental application where they asked about any arrests in the past 10 yrs, not just felonys, so i had to come clean bout my petty theft in 1997. Even though there is no record of it because prints were never taken. and a CCH and FBI background check shows no record of it.. So what are ur thoughts, they seemed genuinly impressed. But i just dont know anymore"

Comment

Originally posted by JustDontDie
              You're repeating yourself.

"One question i did find odd, and want opinions was "have you ever found it necessary to break dept policy, if so where and when. " My honest answer is NO, i really cant think of any time i have. I did have to fill out a supplemental application where they asked about any arrests in the past 10 yrs, not just felonys, so i had to come clean bout my petty theft in 1997. Even though there is no record of it because prints were never taken. and a CCH and FBI background check shows no record of it.. So what are ur thoughts, they seemed genuinly impressed. But i just dont know anymore"
              Did you come clean about the hookers?? And I thought you were waiting a few years before appying?

Comment

Sorry i was typing that at like 1 am while i couldnt sleep. LOL i guess i did repeat myself wasnt i. No hookers in my background. Wifey would never allow it.

Comment

Shoot the deer.....and the animal rights activists!! Get that crap over with quick!!!
                  The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
                  Ronald Reagan

Comment

He did ask if i would have a problem "euthanizing an animal" . Naturally i answered No. This is an area that euthanizing deer, is a more common occurance than a traffic citation. They probably go thru a dozen shotgun shells a week on Deer Strikes alone.

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                      Did you come clean about the hookers?? And I thought you were waiting a few years before appying?
                      If you're being sarcastic I think I missed it.

If you're confused, then yes, I am waiting several years before applying.

Comment

Originally posted by JustDontDie
                        If you're being sarcastic I think I missed it.

If you're confused, then yes, I am waiting several years before applying.
                        I wasn't being sarcastic.. I was just curious. It sounded like you had already applied. Were you quoting the original poster?? The fog of having a new baby has set in and my IQ has dropped to about 65.

Comment

Nope. I'm 18 years old. Wouldn't consider applying anytime soon.

I just found it funny because he repeated one of his stories. He forgot that he had mentioned it before. It was funny.

Congrats on the new baby.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5633 users online. 317 members and 5316 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X