Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safariland holster level III

http://www.safariland.com/products.asp?id=140

A friend of mine's department just switched over to the safariland 6070 holster and he was talking to me about it last night.

Actualy, he was complaining to me about it.

Specificaly, what bothers him is the drawstroke on this holster. From his description, you have to grab the gun with only 2 fingers as your index finger is allong the side of the holster, your middle finger hits a release button and your thumb works another safety.

I'm wondering how in the hell you get a secure grip on the gun and draw smoothly and quickly?

What the hell happens when he needs the gun?

Does anyone have this kind of holster or any other level III holsters and have any tips on how to achieve a smooth drawstroke?

Is it even possible with this kind of thing?

(If only they could make pants with a level III zipper, the teen pregnancy problem would be cured)

Thank you.

I would find an officer that you have discussed things with before on here and who carries that holster and ask him via private message.

How to get a weapon out of a secure holster, especially the Level III, is not something that officers discuss in a forum where anyone can read the post. Defeats the purpose of having a secure holster if the person you are fighting knows exactly what motions to go through to get the gun out.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell_in_CT
      (If only they could make pants with a level III zipper, the teen pregnancy problem would be cured)
      hahahhahah that's great.

As far as the holster. I don't have that exact holster but I do use a level III. You get used to it and it's not as bad as he thinks. Tell him to practice draw and fire drills at the range. After a while the drawstroke becomes second nature.

Comment

Its tricky for a while, but after dong it many. many times at the range, I got used to it.

When I have to draw for real while working, I don't even think about the complicated method, just comes naturally. Muscle memory

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
          I would find an officer that you have discussed things with before on here and who carries that holster and ask him via private message.

How to get a weapon out of a secure holster, especially the Level III, is not something that officers discuss in a forum where anyone can read the post. Defeats the purpose of having a secure holster if the person you are fighting knows exactly what motions to go through to get the gun out.

Ok, thanks. Will do.

I'll get to play with the thing eventualy when we next train this week anyway.

JH, without specifics, is the grip you get on the gun secure with it?

Comment

practice, practice, practice.

i've carried the SSIII 070 for over many (over ten) years. never a problem with my grip nor speed of release from holster.....

my 2 cents.
            ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
            -- John Wayne

Comment

Practice, pracyice, practice...after a while it becomes second nature.

Comment

pm me, i have the drop leg version in lev III
                Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Had one issued last yr, trained with it, hated it, swapped it for a level II. Never again.
                  It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell_in_CT

JH, without specifics, is the grip you get on the gun secure with it?
                    yes my grip is secure, haven't had any problems..... yet

Comment

We are issued, required, to use that the safariland SSIII per policy. I think its a great holster. You are not really gripping with 2 fingers, your middle finger begins to wrap the grip after you break the side snap. Practice is the thing. We have officers with holsters that they cant draw from cuz they only pull the gun at inservice training. Dangerous and stupid. Once you figure it out the gun flies out of the holster.
                      Work smarter not harder!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3163 users online. 156 members and 3007 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X