X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran complaints

I

Veteran complaints

As a former FTO Coordinator, my advice to you is to let the complaints go in one ear and out the other. That doesn't mean not to listen to your FTO. When you complete the FTO program, you'll probably be assigned to another shift, and work with more troops your own age. No agency is perfect, and you're always going to hear some complaints. Some may be justified, others not. As you gain in time and experience, you'll be better able to make your own judgements on your department.

Comment

GP, let me tell you, I've been in this game a loooooong time, sc----- so many times I need polgrip instead of Vaseline & have NO use for supervisors. Despite that I realize every Agency & its members have their own quirks so my "bad luck" may not be the same as yours. My advice? Every organization has its own "coperate personality". If you fit in to it, fine. If not & you want to then change. But remeber--YOU'LL HAVE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR EVERYDAY & FACE YOURSELF! Personally I couldn't sell my soul like that. Listen to your FTO but don't ignore the old geezers either. If they complaining, ther must be a reason & like the old saying goes "Where there's smoke there's fire"

Comment

There is only one thing I hate more-A young officer (5 yrs or less) doing the same thing..

Comment

I try to just not listen to it. Most of them will be up for retirement in a few years anyway.

Comment

people ****in and moanin,,, welcome to the work force, its the same everywhere with every job, someone is disgruntled, some have alterior motives, some just like to **** n moan,,, in one ear out the other is the best advice, this is whether you are an officer or trash collector,,

Comment

Once you're on patrol...just stay out of the building, go make tons of great pinches and don't get involved.

There are only two things you can be doing:

Politics or production.

If you're too busy making great pinches they won't drag you down with that highschool bullsh*t.
              Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

Originally posted by SinePari
                Once you're on patrol...just stay out of the building, go make tons of great pinches and don't get involved.

There are only two things you can be doing:

Politics or production.

If you're too busy making great pinches they won't drag you down with that highschool bullsh*t.
                "pinches" some of the sayings that ya'll have crack me up,,,good times.

Comment

Originally posted by SinePari
                  How do you 'make tons of great pinches' and NOT get involved?

My advice- just DGI.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5194 users online. 317 members and 4877 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X