300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need input

On 4-13-02,I was arrested for Domestic Assault.The case was dismissed on 3-25-04.I have since then got a divorce(shortly after i was arrested) from the one who had me aressted.The charge lasted 2 years,but they put it under a pretrail diversion.I have it on my record as an arrest,but it also says dismissed.Do you guys think that its going to hurt me with getting into LE?One reason it took so long was because she was dating a cop at the time......But hes now long gone and shes working on overtime ....I had just found out that it was on my record.Can anyone please give me some idea,on what i should do
    THANK YOU,

Any domestic charge/arrest will D.Q. you from the departments that I know of. No matter what. There isn't that much about it that you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyGirl233
      Any domestic charge/arrest will D.Q. you from the departments that I know of. No matter what. There isn't that much about it that you can do.
      Same thing in Md.

Comment

I had just bought a Glock 23 about 3 weeks ago and it went through. The apps that I have filled out asks if you were convicted.Wich I was never charge.Was I? I was not found guilty of anything,so does this still apply? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy D
          I had just bought a Glock 23 about 3 weeks ago and it went through. The apps that I have filled out asks if you were convicted.Wich I was never charge.Was I? I was not found guilty of anything,so does this still apply? Thanks

YOU WERE PLACED UNDER ARREST? Right or wrong. Therefore, once you are handcuffed, and BOOKED, yes you were CHARGED. The case might have been dismissed but still in order for you to be arrested officer had to charge you with domestic violence.

Comment

You were arrested but not convicted. You can request the court to expunge your record of arrest. The case was dismissed and your civil rights were never forfeited. Had there been a conviction, you would not be eligible to own a firearm, or become a police officer. Check with the court. Just be sure to never lie about being arrested, just explain the dismissal.
            Jerry
            "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3441 users online. 174 members and 3267 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X