Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this be a big problem? (I'm real sorry guys!)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this be a big problem? (I'm real sorry guys!)

Yeah, I have a question to ask wondering about being disqualified or how bad the past situation will make me look to a department (they just keep coming don't they ). As most of you know I was formerly "Conner", but for some reason I can't log in to that name anymore, I don't know if I got banned (for what? who knows...) or what happened. When I first joined I asked about a few drug incidents, i was never a drug user, I tried pot twice and have done a few stupid things a couple years back (drinking and the likes). I'm not justifying anything I did by any means, but it was definitely a phase and what I consider my "experimentation/rebellious era." It was only about a year to a year and a half ago that most of the stupid things I did took place. Like I said, I've asked here before about some stuff and for the most part I seem to be ok according to you guys, that is if I put some distance between those things and when I decide to apply. I've decided I probably won't start applying til 25 years old or so (I'm almost 19 now). Anyways, the incident I bring to attention here in this thread deals with prostitution. I have a friend (one whom I still love and who really isn't a bad guy) and we liked to drink, drive around and just kick it. We lived not too far down the road from a ghetto area. We'd drive down there sometimes slightly inebriated. There's all kinds of stuff going on down there. Drug dealing and prostitution. It's not real dangerous, there's kids out all the time and stuff, but there's definitely shady activity to be found there as well. So me and my friend picked up two ladies once, we were stupid, we didn't plan to have sex or anything, but my buddy ended up giving some money. He was in the backseat with one lady and he... well, he was orally dealt with . Me on the other hand, I was scared stiff to be honest, I wasn't comfortable with it. I was sitting next to one lady, she basically was touching me (not underneath my pants) I felt her breasts but that was it, that was the extent. I never paid any money (my friend did, I guess to cover the cost of whatever was to happen) and I never had sex in any way. Like I said, this is no justification in the least. Very stupid and honestly pretty low down and disgusting what we did... Is this gonna be a huge problem if it is brought to an employer's attention in 5 to 6 years?
    Last edited by JustDontDie; 09-13-2005, 04:20 AM.

In policing there is the +1 rule when searching people. When you find a gun, knife, handcuff key, etc you always keep looking for one more.

I feel the same thing goes with the, "will this DQ me" questions. Last week a young guy posted, "his story" and minimized his drug use. I baited him a little and he spilled a bunch more out.

So, what else is hiding in there?

I would think that driving into the bad area to pick up a couple prostitutes is going to "gong" you forsure. It's shows a pretty huge lack of judgment. You could have been robbed, picked up an STD or worse, HIV, or killed. If your friend is into picking up hookers, dollars to donuts he's done it more than once.

In most places, just the communication for the purpose of prostitution is illegal and you guys went a whole lot further than that.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

I too,think there's an untold story here. In strictest terms,you didn't solicit or procur a prostitute as no money exchanged hands & no sexual activity was involved, just some "petting".My concern (& probably your future oral board's) is WHY are you there to begin with? What "characters" are you associating with (yes P.D.s worry about such things) & how do they (the Board) know it isn't going to continue? If it were me.I'd do some soul searching,ask yourself some questions,see if you would want you alone with your future wife/child/daughter & if the answer is "NO" consider another job. Ask some cops locally what their opinion is. Sorry, you seem like a typical, semi-normal young guy, but................

Comment

Originally posted by JustDontDie
        Yeah, I have a question to ask wondering about being disqualified or how bad the past situation will make me look to a department (they just keep coming don't they ). As most of you know I was formerly "Conner", but for some reason I can't log in to that name anymore, I don't know if I got banned (for what? who knows...) or what happened. When I first joined I asked about a few drug incidents, i was never a drug user, I tried pot twice and have done a few stupid things a couple years back (drinking and the likes). I'm not justifying anything I did by any means, but it was definitely a phase and what I consider my "experimentation/rebellious era." It was only about a year to a year and a half ago that most of the stupid things I did took place. Like I said, I've asked here before about some stuff and for the most part I seem to be ok according to you guys, that is if I put some distance between those things and when I decide to apply. I've decided I probably won't start applying til 25 years old or so (I'm almost 19 now). Anyways, the incident I bring to attention here in this thread deals with prostitution. I have a friend (one whom I still love and who really isn't a bad guy) and we liked to drink, drive around and just kick it. We lived not too far down the road from a ghetto area. We'd drive down there sometimes slightly inebriated. There's all kinds of stuff going on down there. Drug dealing and prostitution. It's not real dangerous, there's kids out all the time and stuff, but there's definitely shady activity to be found there as well. So me and my friend picked up two ladies once, we were stupid, we didn't plan to have sex or anything, but my buddy ended up giving some money. He was in the backseat with one lady and he... well, he was orally dealt with . Me on the other hand, I was scared stiff to be honest, I wasn't comfortable with it. I was sitting next to one lady, she basically was touching me (not underneath my pants) I felt her breasts but that was it, that was the extent. I never paid any money (my friend did, I guess to cover the cost of whatever was to happen) and I never had sex in any way. Like I said, this is no justification in the least. Very stupid and honestly pretty low down and disgusting what we did... Is this gonna be a huge problem if it is brought to an employer's attention in 5 to 6 years?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Not that dangerous...there were kids out" Ya'll must have Mr. Rogers slingin dope there!

On a serious note, I agree that with all the little things adding up, you're not looking too good. I definitely see some indicators that there is more to this, if not all the other stories. Sorry man.
        In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

Will this be a big problem?

I've said many times on this thread, that we ain't looking for saints. Your problem doesn't seem to all that criminal, but so far, you've been lacking in judgement, big time. If you make it a habit to frequent locations where prostitution, dope dealing, and other forms of "commerce" take place, sooner or later, it's going to have some pretty serious consequences. None of these consequences will do you any good. I tend to suspect that you have more issues than you're disclosing here, and that's your business. You know the truth concerning that, and I suggest you take corrective action while there's still time.

Comment

I gotta agree with whats already posted BUT add that even though YOU say you never exchanged cash just being there can get you arrested At least in PA. Solciting for the purpose of hiring a HO. Not exact words in the crimes code but you get the drift. Ive arreted tons of kids and oh yeah guys named JOHN. Just being in the area AND being in the car with not one but TWO HOs, get you jammed for soliciting for purpose of..... He is getting it on in the back seat??? Did you use a can of industrial strenght LYSOL????
            Good luck and if and whern you apply DONT FORGET to include these things.
            In the words of Paul Harvey "... the rest of the story"
            I got nothing for now

Comment

Thanks guys for your reply. Even though most of it isn't exactly what I want to hear. As for the "untold story" a few of you think I'm hiding. I'm not intentionally leaving out anything. I guess I could provide a few more details. But I don't even think there's more of that. Basically me and my friend drank on severeal occasions, the times we were drinking is when we even bothered with "the women." Me and my friend just like to drive around (we both were fairly new drivers (within a year)), that's almost always what we'd do when we hung out. I have a short attention span, so I could only handle sitting inside watching movies and doing whatever for so long. Anyways, we liked to drive whether it be going to the mall, going downtown, going to a burger joint, going to walmart to pick up a CD or dvd or cruising down the street through the ghetto. I can say I am a curious person, most definitely, I've always been drawn to places that I don't normally see everyday or am unfamiliar with. I don't think that's always a bad thing, but it can get you in trouble I guess. Anyways, my story about me not paying any money and the extent of what I did with the lady is the whole truth. I was never out to have sex. I wouldn't do that with those girls (ick). We were just out for fun, and being stupid. As for my record, it's pure as crystal water. I've never had a run in with the cops, I've never gotten a ticket nor a warning. I had a bad streak, and I regret it. I know I have showed poor judgement in some of my decisions, but even back in those days I would have never messed with any hard drugs (crack, lsd, meth etc.) It's not til pretty recently that I've wanted to look in to LE, so I've cleaned up my act and I'm gonna keep it that way.
              Last edited by JustDontDie; 09-13-2005, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop
                I too,think there's an untold story here. In strictest terms,you didn't solicit or procur a prostitute as no money exchanged hands & no sexual activity was involved, just some "petting".My concern (& probably your future oral board's) is WHY are you there to begin with? What "characters" are you associating with (yes P.D.s worry about such things) & how do they (the Board) know it isn't going to continue? If it were me.I'd do some soul searching,ask yourself some questions,see if you would want you alone with your future wife/child/daughter & if the answer is "NO" consider another job. Ask some cops locally what their opinion is. Sorry, you seem like a typical, semi-normal young guy, but................
                I understand that the things I've done will throw up red flags. But I think the only way to win back someone's trust in any situation, is to prove that you will not continue in whatever the problem was and stay clean for an extended period of time. Will 6 years of that not be enough????

Comment

5-6 yrs may do it. It sounds like you're considering the military as an interim job. Not a bad idea. just remember you'll be under even more scrutiny there 7 have less freedom & more obligations than in civilian life & the temptations will be just as great if not more so. I'd consider also moving out of state & starting completly from scratch

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop
                    5-6 yrs may do it. It sounds like you're considering the military as an interim job. Not a bad idea. just remember you'll be under even more scrutiny there 7 have less freedom & more obligations than in civilian life & the temptations will be just as great if not more so. I'd consider also moving out of state & starting completly from scratch
                    Thanks bro. I appreciate any and all advice from you guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4990 users online. 286 members and 4704 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X