300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Search!

I Graduate This May And I Will Have A B.s In Justice Administration And I Already Have An Aa Degree! I Want To Know When Should I Start Applying! I'm Thinking Right Know That I Want To Look At The Atlanta P.d, Chicago P.d Or Orlando,fl P.d! I'm Open To All Suggestions. I Wanted To Look Into Us Marshal But I See They Aren't Hiring!

Originally posted by wattst
    I Graduate This May And I Will Have A B.s In Justice Administration And I Already Have An Aa Degree! I Want To Know When Should I Start Applying! I'm Thinking Right Know That I Want To Look At The Atlanta P.d, Chicago P.d Or Orlando,fl P.d! I'm Open To All Suggestions. I Wanted To Look Into Us Marshal But I See They Aren't Hiring!

Hum....lose the caps at every the beginning of every word first...then if you feel you meet the requirements for all of those departments and have the finances to fly/drive to them, then by all means start applying when you feel that you have time to. If you need to wait until after you graduate, that may be the easiest thing to do. Although, you can find out most of your information by contacting a recruiter at any of those departments. Good luck.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Start applying ASAP... The testing process can take months even years depending on the agency. Don't limit yourself to just a few select depts. Take as many tests as possible to gain the experience.

Good Luck!!
      ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Ditto: Apply ASAP. More departments = better chance.

Two things though:
        1) If you are still in school, know that when you have an interview, test, exam, or whatever with the department you are appling for, then, you best be there. It certainly will not be in your best interest to miss a date. Something to ponder if your applying for an "out of state" department. (most departments have "out of state" testing to help expedite the process)

2) Stay on top of your apps. Keep copies of all your documents and be consistant. Stay organized because with the more departments you apply to and the school load, it will certainly build up quickly.

As stated above most departments take on average a year to complete the process. Good luck.

Comment

Job search

No time like the present. Start applying now. Your post shows you're currently in Florida. Man, you're lucky!! Florida abounds with LE agencies, most of which are pretty good. At State level, look into the Florida Highway Patrol, or the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement. Orlando PD, Orange County S.O. are pretty good. Seminole County has an excellent Sheriff's Dept, and there are many quality agencies in Central Florida. I've just barely scratched the surface here. Definitely, go for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5444 users online. 289 members and 5155 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X