300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I prosecute for child molestion?

I am looking for any help I can get. I was molested by my father when I was 7yrs old until I was 10 yrs old. My mother eventually found out and got me out of the situation but, my father was never prosecuted. I am now 21 yrs old and have been trying to find a way to prosecute him. He is currently serving time for drug charges in Ft. Supply , Oklahoma at a minimum security prison. He has been given a criminal insanity plea, and now collects disability checks for it. I dont think this is fair that he is getting paid to commit crimes, especially after all the problems he has caused for me. I dont think he is insane, he knows what he does , if he didnt he wouldnt have tried to apologize for the things he did to me. Is there anything I can do?

Does it matter that it did not happen in the same state as i currently live in?
    It happened in oklahoma , I live in arkansas.

Comment

I didnt read the post entirely but yeah you need to talk to a law enforcer in the state that the crime{s} occured in. Also need to find out if the statute of limitations ran out. Usually 5 years for major crimes 'cept homicide as there is no statute for homi... Maybe no limitations either for Sex crimes as Priests are always getting uh something about past crimes No joke intented just sounded that way. Seriously, talk to a lawyer from the state that it happened in or just call the state police...
      I got nothing for now

Comment

You need to contact a law enforcment agency in the state you were molested in for the charges. But in the state you currently are in they will probably be glad to help you make contact and take statements to help in the investigation.

Comment

ashley, im in arkansas and LE pm me and i'll tell you what our law says and put you intouch with the appropriate ppl in Oklahoma.

Comment

Child Molestation

Prosecution for the offense has to be in the state in which it occurred. I would suggest you contact your local law enforcement agency, or District Attorney's Office for any advice on getting a prosecution started. Be prepared for the possibility that the Statute of limitations has run on the offense. The time will vary from state to state. As Bodie noted, your local LE agency could be of some help in getting you started on the road to prosecuting your Father.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3119 users online. 166 members and 2953 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X