Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed martial arts question

Question from a friend:

Anyone heard about a fighting style called Haganah which is supposedly similar to Krav Maga from Israel. There are so many schools promoting "israeli" styles of self defense, kinda hard to distinguish the real from fluff. Anyways, just hoping to get some feedback because the school I am considering claims to train LEO's.

Thanks.

P.S. Ninjagirl will forward all messages to me.

Originally posted by Ninjagirl
    Question from a friend:

Anyone heard about a fighting style called Haganah which is supposedly similar to Krav Maga from Israel. There are so many schools promoting "israeli" styles of self defense, kinda hard to distinguish the real from fluff. Anyways, just hoping to get some feedback because the school I am considering claims to train LEO's.

Thanks.

P.S. Ninjagirl will forward all messages to me.
    Honestly, this is the first time I've heard of Haganah. I've made a research on that style and I've found one site about it. Then, I compared Haganah's principle to Krav Maga's, and found them very much similar in ways. I would suggest for you go for Krav Maga, just because it's been tried in the field and it worked for those who'd used it. Or you can give it a shot and see how the system works.

I hope this helps. And please feel free to ask in you need more info about MMA.

God Speed!
    "Don't be an Idiot - Use your common sense!" - Freakapino

Comment

I never heard of that one, but Krav Maga has a very simple and effective strategy to self defense. I studied a couple of the videos but I'm also into boxing and I'm going to start Brazilian Jui Jitsu soon. So I think I will be well rounded. If there is a such thing it's not real popular that's for sure. I would go with Krav Maga because it's tried and proven.
      Your life is an open book, what message are you giving the readers.

Comment

I train in Haganah here in South Florida where the school's headquarters is located. The founder of the Haganah system is former Israeli special forces and incorporates Krav Maga into the foundation of training.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog1971
          I train in Haganah here in South Florida where the school's headquarters is located. The founder of the Haganah system is former Israeli special forces and incorporates Krav Maga into the foundation of training.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Lawdog is this the place where you train at? http://www.fight2survive.com/

NinjaGirl here's also a site for Krav Maga: http://www.krav-maga.com
          Last edited by Freakapino; 09-12-2005, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakapino
            Lawdog is this the place where you train at? http://www.fight2survive.com/

NinjaGirl here's also a site for Krav Maga: http://www.krav-maga.com

That's the place.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog1971
              That's the place.

Awesome! Do you have "Super Cop" in Florida? We have one here in Chicago, which is equivalent to like Smoker's Joe Night Boxing between different Police departments around Chicago area.

Comment

See if they will let you sit in on a class or two. Ask questions. Talk to local cops and see if any of them have attended this particular school and what they thought. If it looks good and you like it, go with it. If you don't like it drop it and find another school
                "Well I'm here now, so deal with it."

Comment

how could one find out more info about these forms .. there's not a whole lot for me around here

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3936 users online. 247 members and 3689 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X